PDA

View Full Version : Will they ever make models of the Primarchs?

thewickedworm
08-25-2009, 09:55 PM
Heck, I wouldn't even mind if they restricted it to Primarks that are currently running around the 40k universe, even if they are all bad (I'm not counting the "missing" primarchs such as Vulcan).

GW needs to make these models ASAP. I mean, who wouldn't want a nice deamon-possessed Fulgrim model? Or an Angron model to match the White Dwarf article's stats? It's a license to print money, I tell you.

eldargal
08-25-2009, 10:14 PM
I hope so, I remember the Angron (I think?) model from the epic range so there is a kind of precedent for primarch models. Not sure I'd want to fight my brothers Space Wolves backed by Leman 'Ima big boy' Russ himself though.

crazyredpraetorian
08-25-2009, 10:33 PM
They made a Leman Russ model years ago.

eldargal
08-25-2009, 10:39 PM
They made a Leman Russ model years ago.

Are you sure? I know a Russian company made some (without calling them that) but I'm sure I my brothers or I would have noticed an official GW primarch.

DuskRaider
08-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Yeah, there was a Leman Russ model yay-many years ago, came with Geri and Freki. I am HIGHLY doubtful they'll release Primarch models, and if they were released, I'd see it as a Forge World project. I'd love to see IA:10 or something be Pre-Heresy...

eldargal
08-25-2009, 11:19 PM
Yeah, there was a Leman Russ model yay-many years ago, came with Geri and Freki. I am HIGHLY doubtful they'll release Primarch models, and if they were released, I'd see it as a Forge World project. I'd love to see IA:10 or something be Pre-Heresy...

Actually I might know the one you are referring too, really old RT period labelled 'Space Wolf Command/Leman Russ' or something like that? I think we have that one.

Katie Drake
08-25-2009, 11:50 PM
It's unfortunately a rather underwhelming mini, at least as far as meeting one's expectations of what a Primarch would look like. It basically looks like any other Space Wolf - it's practically interchangeable with any of the other Space Wolf HQ choices which is rather unfortunate, but not entirely unexpected from such an old model.

wittdooley
08-26-2009, 12:33 AM
Yeah, I'd think it would be a FW model set if they did it, as well. However, there are some really nice primarch models floating around. I actually have the Leman Russ one, as well as the Sanguinius one. They're really sharp.

eldargal
08-26-2009, 12:55 AM
Yes, I just found my brothers (90 minutes of searching, yay insomnia) and to be honest I wonder if they had really fleshed out the primarch idea much when this mini was made, and if so, what were they thinking?:rolleyes: Underwhelming to say the least, I think I would put more emphasis on the 'SW commander' part than the Leman Russ part.

It's unfortunately a rather underwhelming mini, at least as far as meeting one's expectations of what a Primarch would look like. It basically looks like any other Space Wolf - it's practically interchangeable with any of the other Space Wolf HQ choices which is rather unfortunate, but not entirely unexpected from such an old model.

Majorcrash
08-26-2009, 06:29 AM
if you need a model, could use the Inquistor range. They have a real nice SM capt. I used the guardsman models to make Orgyn. and they came out the right scale and look great.;)

ThePov
08-26-2009, 07:04 AM
See, I doubt they'll come out with Primarchs for game balance reasons. They are simply to powerful for any scale smaller than Epic. I mean, it sounds cool, but it just doesn't fit the fluff at all to have Leman Russ or the Deamon-thing that is Fulgrim die to a bunch of Lascannon shots from a guline gaurd army. Also, how do you come up with rules for a Warp-Forged Super-being which has been personally leading an entire legion of Space Marines across the galaxy in a crusade of conquest for centuries? Fearless, T10, I10, S10, W10, A10, BS 8, WS 8? It's just not practical from a rules standpoint.

This is not to say it wouldn't be cool to do a display model of them, just for the fun of it.

Lord Inquisitor
08-26-2009, 07:06 AM
There is a company who sell primarch and Emperor models on ebay under names like the golden knight and other stuff. Here is some of the stuff they make.

vman
08-26-2009, 07:27 AM
ohhhhhh nice :D

Im after something sorta similar myself...

What im really after is a Forgeworld Asurmen... thats what im scouring the planet for

JuiceSpringsteen!
08-26-2009, 07:31 AM
Wasn't that Fulgrim model scratchbuilt for the GD's?

wittdooley
08-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Yep, that's the Leman Russ that I have. If I get around to it, I"ll post my Sanguinius on here, too. Maybe when I'm done painting him....

thewickedworm
08-27-2009, 09:09 AM
There is a company who sell primarch and Emperor models on ebay under names like the golden knight and other stuff. Here sare some of the stuff they make.

Wow, those are nice models! I especially like the Fulgrim one.

As a painter and not a player (not yet anyways!), I would get a primarch to paint and display with my army. They would make a great centerpiece.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Forgeworld may indeed be the best place to produce them. That would make the Primarch more rare/special, as they should be (although I shudder to guess what price they would be sold at). However, imagine what a FW Primach would look like. :D

I've heard rumors that FW was going to start making the necron Ctan. Maybe that can be the bellweather as to whether primarch would be feasible.

Then again, I also feel that any Primarch needs to be made in metal, as its solid weight complements the relative importance of the figure.

oni
08-27-2009, 09:46 AM
I don't want to say that it would never happen, but it's extremely unlikely. I think the only way we would ever see such models is if the design studio was allowed to head another project, like how they did with Space Hulk.

RandomX
08-27-2009, 10:47 AM
People post them all the time on CMoN.

Search...

Winged Knight
Dark Knight
Death Knight
Ultimate Knight
Ultimate Knight
Phoenix Knight
Scarab Knight

There are pics there of all of them. They occasionally do pop up for sale on Ebay, usually as a Buy It Now.

-Eric