PDA

View Full Version : Outflanking Creed

Flammenwerfer13
11-28-2010, 07:20 PM
So I usually run a all Valkyrie/Vendetta list with Straken/Kell command squad and a Witchhunter Inquisitor Lord as my HQ's. Now with all the rumors that Sisters are doing away allies I need to fill in my HQ and Elite slots so I was playing around with Army Builder and hit out on a idea and want to see if it is worth a shot:

Company Command Squad: 205
Creed
4x Meltaguns
Carapace Armour
Krak grenades

2x Stormtrooper Squads 115 each
2x Meltaguns
Sergent with Power weapon and Hot-Shot Laspistol

Outflank these three squads together to really wreck mech units. hiding in corners. With creeds 24" order radius Deepstriking the Stormtroopers to take out certain units will get a whole lot more easier. What Longfang Squad would love to see 8x Meltaguns, 4x Hot-Shot Lasguns (or Laspistols) and 3x Hot-Shot Laspistols that force you to reroll cover saves and or one of the squads is assaulting you with furious charge. Its a one trick pony but I'm trying to move away from static gun line and shift the battlefield to multiple directions and really spread a opponent out as they struggle to take on units that just showed up in front of them.

ElCheezus
11-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Make sure to take an Astropath if you ever outflank anything. It takes the chance of getting the side you want from 2/3 to 8/9. I'd personally set the CCS to have plamsas instead of meltas, and drop the grenades and armor. With that many shots on side or rear armor, you should be able to take out any light vehicles, plus adding shots if you need to take out infantry. A CCS that comes on infantry and doesn't kill them is likely to get murdalized right quick.

I agree with the Meltas on the troopers, though. And the range on Creed's orders would make them perform a bit better, too. Does this make Creed worth his points? I'm not sure. Let us know how well it works out. Sounds like it could be fun, at least.

w7west
12-05-2010, 12:52 PM
IG player: Hay guyz how do I wan moar?

Mentally impaired roloway monkey: EEP EEP HOO EEP HOO BUY MORE CHIMERAS NOOB EEP HOO EEP

Tynskel
12-05-2010, 09:26 PM
I would flip things around. If you are taking both crreeeeeeeeeedddd! and straken: Have Straken Outflank. Then you can have him shoot nasty weapons, if not killing everything, then charge an beat stuff up. Straken has 2d6 armor pen, so he can also smashy smashy tanks.

Also, because he's reliable in CC, you can take 2 Meltas and a Hv Flamer, and a Medic, if you wanted.