PDA

View Full Version : What's Pedro K good for?

Grabula
11-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Hey all, I've built up a nice crimson fist army and trying to decide what role Pedro might play? Seems that even though he's not what I would call a melee monster, seems he makes everyone else around him that much better at it.what types of units would you use with him? Assault termies? Assault squads?

isotope99
11-28-2010, 04:33 PM
He'll need a pod/rhino/razor to keep up with assault marines. He makes a good deathstar with assault terminators in a land raider. Otherwise he's great just to keep central to an infantry heavy army. Even tactical squads can be good in assault when they get that extra attack.

brains
11-28-2010, 04:50 PM
An anti-infantry tac squad might not be a bad choice. You got the three shots from Dorn's Arrow to add to the fire, an with an extra attack each plus the powerfist, you've got a unit thats hard to beat in assault

Tynskel
11-28-2010, 05:08 PM
I like to put him in a cheap Tactical Squad. Then have units like Sternguard and Vanguard Veterans 'join' him. Because of the Radius of his power, those other units greatly benefit. He does not need to be with them directly.

With Pedro in a 'cheap' unit, your opponent cannot easily deal with him. Focus firepower on the tactical marines? What about the units whose power greatly benefits from Pedro-- units that are also expensive? The real trick to Pedro is to keep the pressure up on your opponent. And, that's what makes him a 'Master' as opposed to a 'Captain'-- confusing his enemy, while cutting its head off.

ggg
11-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Ola!

In my old Scythes of the Emperor (counts as Crimson fists led by Mr Pedro) the value of Mr PK was in making units stubborn, and sternguard scoring. The Stern boys hit harder in combat and dished out more fire power than normal tactical squads so they could clear and take objectives. Peders worked well with a few drop pods for me. The + 1 attack kept the army in a fight for longer but was limited to one part of the board so it for me, was a secondary consideration. I think he works best with: Sternguard and assault terminators and drop pods. Never got round to trying Pedro with an honour guard (I wish he could take a command squad instead!) death star with a librarian for null zone and a 5+ invuln but I always wanted to play with the idea!

Grabula
11-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Some good ideas so far. I don't think I want to drop a ton of points into sternguard just because he gives them a little boost in play. I'm half tempted to try an assaulty army including pedro and honor guard with Chapter banner, one effectively at the ends of my line and see what happens. Just gotta decide if it's worth the 300pts....

rle68
11-29-2010, 12:09 AM
wait.. a little boost in play? you havent really looked at what sternguard can do have you?

the biggest thing is the scoring part, add to that you give all of them combi weapons with the special use ammo they can kill everyone! and you dont need pedro running that close to them why assault with them when you can shoot and kill most units with them.

give pedro an honor guard with chapter champion and the other 2 cc gets relic blade the other 2 grenade launchers and power weapons then rock and roll