PDA

View Full Version : IG Flyers--->Skimmers

Porty1119
11-28-2010, 11:46 AM
After hearing about the so-called 'Summer of Flyers' I decided that the current Imperial Guard flyers needed to get some supersonic skimmer rules. I'll just do the Lightning and Thunderbolt today, and maybe a few others if asked.

Thunderbolt Heavy Fighter........................................... .................................................. .130pts

Thunderbolt
BS F S R
3 11 11 10

Composition:
1 Thunderbolt Heavy Fighter

Unit Type: Vehicle (Fast, Skimmer)

Wargear:
-Twin-linked Lascannon
-2 Twin-linked Autocannons

Options:
May take 4 Hellstrike Missiles or 4 Bombs for............................................... ........................40pts

Special Rules:
-Supersonic
-Deep Strike
-Scout

Supersonic: The Thunderbolt is capable of great speed, being twice as fast as most aircraft its size. It may move 36" and fire all its weapons.

Lightning Fighter........................................... .................................................. .100pts

Thunderbolt
BS F S R
3 11 11 10

Composition:
1 Lightning Fighter

Unit Type: Vehicle (Fast, Skimmer)

Wargear:
-Twin-linked Lascannon
-Autocannon
Options:
May take 2 Hellstrike Missiles or 2 Bombs for............................................... ........................20pts
May replace the Autocannon with two Hellstrike Missiles for............................................... ........free

Special Rules:
-Supersonic
-Deep Strike
-Scout
-Air Superiority

Supersonic: The Thunderbolt is capable of great speed, being twice as fast as most aircraft its size. It may move 36" and fire all its weapons.
Air Superiority: The Lightning is amazingly maneuverable in air-to-air combat, capable of maneuvers that would tear apart a lesser craft. To represent this amazing agility, shots fired from the Lightning ignore the benefits of vehicles moving flat-out or bikes turbo-boosting.

Hope y'all like these!

Master Bryss
11-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Hmm... the Thunderbolt seems OK, but a few things:

Why is it that Imperial Supersonic lets you go 36" and fire everything and Dark Eldar Supersonic does not? This really doesn't work. Especially since the DE flyers are more expensive.

The Lightning is far better than the Bolt and somehow cheaper. No way does minus one gun, de-twinlink another+ fairly uselful rule (Eldar, Trukks and bikers beware!) equal minus 30 points. I'd pitch it at 120 base.

Porty1119
11-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Oh, sorry. I didn't have much of an understanding of the Supersonic rules. Anyways, I would probably modify the Air Superiority rule to mirror that of the FW Lightning by restricting it to the Autocannon, as well as bring the points up to 130.