PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Scouts

Lancefireball
11-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Fast question... If a Wolf Guard joins my Wolf Scout unit cant hey still Infiltrate, and use Move through cover and behind enemy lines...

Nungunz
11-26-2010, 01:12 PM
GW FAQ

Q. Can a Wolf Scout Pack with a Wolf Guard
Pack Leader assigned to it deploy as Infiltrators,
make a move before the game begins because of
its Scouts ability, choose to outflank or use
Behind Enemy Lines?

A. Yes, to all of the above, because the Wolf Guard
Pack Leader is not an Independent Character and
therefore the fact he does not have the Infiltrate
or Scouts ability does not preclude the squad he
has joined from using those abilities.

Up to you and your gaming group if you want to use this ruling.

Lancefireball
11-26-2010, 01:29 PM
thnx alot. I feel stupid was not aware there was a faq out. Downloaded it.

Weafwolf
11-29-2010, 09:43 PM
GW FAQ

Up to you and your gaming group if you want to use this ruling.

Just out of curiosity, why is it up to the gaming group? The ruling seems clear. Nothing in the codex precludes it, nothing in the BRB precludes it, and the FAQ says it's allowable. I'm not sure who'd argue with it.

I always bring the meltagun and two plasma pistols in my scout units simply because I'm so sick of missing with the meltagun. I realized that a WG can get a cheaper plasma pistol, which helps reduce the cost of bringing a WG in the first place.

DarkLink
11-29-2010, 10:31 PM
Just out of curiosity, why is it up to the gaming group? The ruling seems clear. Nothing in the codex precludes it, nothing in the BRB precludes it, and the FAQ says it's allowable. I'm not sure who'd argue with it.

Because GW is too much of a pansy to make the FAQs official. If you look on their website, it basically says that the FAQs are "our houserules, use them if you want".

Erratas are official, but FAQs are not. Most people still use FAQs, but they're not actually official rules.

Tynskel
11-29-2010, 11:21 PM
Haven't you ever thought that GW doesn't want to hold our hands? They made the bloody game to be flexible. Not everyone who plays this game is 12 years of age, and can think on their two feet, bloody well do not need Papa GW to tell us how to play.

Weafwolf
12-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Haven't you ever thought that GW doesn't want to hold our hands? They made the bloody game to be flexible. Not everyone who plays this game is 12 years of age, and can think on their two feet, bloody well do not need Papa GW to tell us how to play.

I suppose you're right here, but I had this argument with my friend before the FAQ came out. He didn't want to allow it because he didn't see why a guy in power armor should be sneaking around with scouts. That's why scouts don't wear power armor. My point was that WG are the only sergeants I get and can't have scout armor. I also am of the opinion that it is preposterous that Njal only gets half of his Tempest powers when he goes first. I'll go to my grave thinking that's an utterly senseless limitation that GW didn't have the guts to address because Njal looked overpowered for that first month or two after the codex came out. Using the FAQ lets us say, fine, we disagree, but we'll each swallow some crap we don't like in the interest of harmony. Plus, I don't want to argue with every new guy I play about "house" rules. Maybe I should be man enough to solve all those problem through single combat, but I'd rather just do what the guy who wrote the codex meant in the first place.