PDA

View Full Version : Lelith Hesperax's BS

Mike X
11-17-2010, 02:21 AM
So I was looking on GW's web site and decided to see how the SCs for Dark Eldar stack up.

Upon investigating, I noticed that Lelith's blister comes with an option of different melee weapons. I then noticed she has a ballistic skill of 9, making her nearly a sure-shot.

I went to my LGS after and looked inside the codex, only to find she has absolutely zero ranged weapons and no psychic powers. To make the situation even stranger, she can't be upgraded to have anything ranged.

So what gives? Why is Lelith one of the best shooters in the game yet unable to actually shoot anything?

eldargal
11-17-2010, 04:29 AM
I believe it is there to represent her mastery of combat, it makes more sense than her having 0 BS because he has no options for melee weapons.

Xas
11-17-2010, 05:38 AM
vortex grenades = fun :D

Grailkeeper
11-17-2010, 05:49 AM
Look at the BS of Angron or blood thirsters

isotope99
11-17-2010, 06:28 AM
I imagine its there to future proof the codex in case GW wants to introduce some future test that's based on BS (not aware of any right now, other than shooting).

andrewm9
11-17-2010, 08:21 AM
Look at the BS of Angron or blood thirsters

Blood Thirsters can actually have a shooting attack.The gift is called Deat Strike. On a slightly different note, Sisters Repentia have a BS4 despite having no guns or options for such in their profile. I realize that they were once Battle Sisters but I can't help but suspect that they are paying for that useless BS4 anyway.

Mike X
11-17-2010, 09:29 PM
vortex grenades = fun :D

Good point, I didn't even think of vortex grenades!

On a slightly different note, Sisters Repentia have a BS4 despite having no guns or options for such in their profile. I realize that they were once Battle Sisters but I can't help but suspect that they are paying for that useless BS4 anyway.

Which makes me wonder if Lelith's points cost was factored using her (nearly) useless BS of 9.

Keldain
11-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Just a quick note here, BS 7 = Perfect aim, which means the model in question is a sure-shot and never misses their mark, you don't even have to roll a die to hit with a BS of 7. I believe in the rulebook it gives referrence to an easy to remember tidbit for shooting: take the base number of 7 minus the BS, and that's the number and above you need to roll to hit, 7-7=0 = no roll necessary. =)

My two cents.

~ Keldain

Fizyx
11-18-2010, 07:23 PM
Just a quick note here, BS 7 = Perfect aim, which means the model in question is a sure-shot and never misses their mark, you don't even have to roll a die to hit with a BS of 7. I believe in the rulebook it gives referrence to an easy to remember tidbit for shooting: take the base number of 7 minus the BS, and that's the number and above you need to roll to hit, 7-7=0 = no roll necessary. =)

My two cents.

~ Keldain

Actually, no.

A roll of 1 always misses.

BS of 6 or greater allows you to re-roll the miss, though. BS of 6 requires you to roll a 2+, and if you miss, you can still hit if you roll a 6. BS 7 requires a 2+ then a 5+, and the rest follow to a BS of 10 which requires a 2+/2+. Since 10 is the highest the B can be, that's the best you can shoot.

SeattleDV8
11-18-2010, 07:32 PM

My two cents.

~ Keldain
Not true, BRB pg. 17 "...a roll of one always misses."
Although models with BS of 6 - 10 do get a re-roll BRB pg.18 for what they need to hit on the re-roll.