PDA

View Full Version : AAAAaaaagghhh "Scout" & "turbo boost"

Iron Father DuffiKus
11-16-2010, 03:06 PM
please put me out of my misery...........
Situ is SNAFU........
Can you use "scout" to turbo boost?, if you have 1st turn, then move and assault?, seems to be a load of RAW guff & discussions about on this, need your imput.

Yes i know you can turbo boost anyway as your scout move, white dwarf battle reports are proof (WD 363)
but my issue is with turbo boosting (scout move) THEN move normal (deff koptas are the unit in question) THEN Assault, giving them 24" boost.....12" move...6" Assault!!!!!

A 42" range..seems pretty wrong to me!!!

Any thoughts???

musical-fool
11-16-2010, 03:40 PM
the "scout" move doesn't count as turn 1, it is done after all other units have been deployed and before the 1st turn of actual game "play". So you can move 24" in the scout phase, then move normally in the player's 1st turn and assault if the the assault rules are followed.

What you have described above is perfectly fine.:D

Xas
11-16-2010, 03:42 PM
you finally found out how airborne straken IG works...

or have you not? :)

SeattleDV8
11-16-2010, 05:03 PM
The exception to this is the Dark Angels, which are disallowed by their Codex.

musical-fool
11-17-2010, 03:57 AM
The exception to this is the Dark Angels, which are disallowed by their Codex.

Where does it say that? There was a rule book Q&A that updated the scout rule so normally it should be fine for the DA

SeattleDV8
11-17-2010, 05:04 AM
DA Codex pg.27 "Scouts: Note that no model may make a Turbo Boost move whilst using the Scouts special rule."
BRB pg.74 " ...the Codexes include one of these special rules, and the rule is different, the one in the codex takes precedence..."
So every one else may Turbo Boost in the Scout move, the DA may not.

musical-fool
11-17-2010, 05:27 AM
DA Codex pg.27 "Scouts: Note that no model may make a Turbo Boost move whilst using the Scouts special rule."
BRB pg.74 " ...the Codexes include one of these special rules, and the rule is different, the one in the codex takes precedence..."
So every one else may Turbo Boost in the Scout move, the DA may not.

thanks! that is a major bummer! :o

rle68
11-18-2010, 01:39 AM
And that is why the DA have the worst codex out now

Tynskel
11-18-2010, 07:15 AM
no, you can EASILY destroy necrons.

jumai
11-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Hell, Space Marine Scout Bikers can deploy backfield with infiltrate and scout-boost 24" from THERE, then proceed to move 12" and assault 6". Considering the sergeant can take melta bombs and that vehicles count as stationary until they've had a chance to move, I'm honestly not quite sure why you never see scout bike suicide bombers blowing up tanks on turn 1. The lulz alone are worth the 75 points they cost, or pay 85 and add cluster mines.

The one thing to take note of is you must be more than 12" from enemy models during your scout move's entire route. You can't slip through a gap and end 12" away, you have to go around.

Mal
11-21-2010, 12:11 PM
being more then 12" away is rarely a problem when you have an effective assault range of 18"...

Tynskel
11-21-2010, 01:41 PM
you finally found out how airborne straken IG works...

or have you not? :)

More like Colonel Kilgore using 'Flight of the Valkyries' in 'Apocalypse Now!'.

Tynskel
11-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Hell, Space Marine Scout Bikers can deploy backfield with infiltrate and scout-boost 24" from THERE, then proceed to move 12" and assault 6". Considering the sergeant can take melta bombs and that vehicles count as stationary until they've had a chance to move, I'm honestly not quite sure why you never see scout bike suicide bombers blowing up tanks on turn 1. The lulz alone are worth the 75 points they cost, or pay 85 and add cluster mines.

The one thing to take note of is you must be more than 12" from enemy models during your scout move's entire route. You can't slip through a gap and end 12" away, you have to go around.

I feel that paying for a PF on the Sgt might even be more worth while: A lot of Tanks are more than 150 points, and if not, they are often in a squadron, at which point, Kraks + Powerfist have a good chance of mucking up an entire squadron.

Duke
11-22-2010, 12:44 AM
I am so going to do that scout biker move! Look out land raiders! Lmao...

Duke

PedroKantor
11-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Landspeeder storm with Melta.. and sergeant with powerfist makes for a good scout/turbo boost combo too.. sneaky...

dannyat2460
11-25-2010, 07:11 AM
Ya ive done the scout army of death before but I have 60 scouts all with combat weapons and bolt pistols 3 scout bike squads and then just to make sure sicarius and shrike so the plan is infiltrate 18" away from target 6" scout move = 12.001" out from enemy so normaly out of there 12" assault but with shike giving them all fleet garenteed 1st turn charge :) i love peoples faces as 60 scouts gang up on a single unit tho lol and sicarius is there just to help to steal the initiative if i dont win the dice off for 1st turn dosnt always work but it sure is fun to play