PDA

View Full Version : 40K Doubles Tournament in UK

dunedon
11-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Well I stayed up most of the night and managed to get a set of tickets, so my buddy and I are winging our way to England (from Canada) to compete in the 40K doubles tourney ... seems like a pretty good 40th BD present for the both of us :)

Anyone else heading across the pond, or already on that side, and coming to the tournament ... I notice it's sold out already!

DrLove42
11-17-2010, 04:38 AM
No don't know anyone from the UK going

Mostly cos the tickets have mostly been sold to people from overseas that aren't happy with there own tournements and want to take tickets away from one of our very few

/end rant

Sorry, we only get 2-3 tournements in country a year, and when they're sold to abroad, where you have a lot more than us....not a personal attack on you just a general frustration

Strangleweb
11-17-2010, 04:43 AM
No don't know anyone from the UK going

Mostly cos the tickets have mostly been sold to people from overseas that aren't happy with there own tournements and want to take tickets away from one of our very few

/end rant

Sorry, we only get 2-3 tournements in country a year, and when they're sold to abroad, where you have a lot more than us....not a personal attack on you just a general frustration

Seriously? We have loads of tournaments in the UK! You just have to look a little further afield than Warhammer World at times.

Anyway - I've got a ticket for 40K Doubles! Taking a themed force based on the Attack on Prospero. I've got Space Wolves, my partner has Custodian Guard (using GK rules).

We won't win many games, but we'll have a good time, and hopefully get a best army nomination if I ever get the Wolves finished! I mean, how long can it take to paint 11 infantry and 2 vehicles!?!?!

gcsmith
11-17-2010, 05:13 AM
Only 1 year or so until I can go to some due to constraints on how I spend my sundays.
That and I need either a full 40k/fantasy army first.

Strangleweb
11-17-2010, 07:28 AM
For doubles you just need 750pts, plus a similarly equipped partner.

That and a good sense of humour!

gcsmith
11-17-2010, 07:50 AM
humour check, skilled/fun partner. Well I guess Ill have to find one at uni

Strangleweb
11-18-2010, 04:17 AM
Check out the Errata regarding Army Selection here:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=11100014