PDA

View Full Version : IC and morale tests

hewhowalks
11-16-2010, 09:26 AM
I tried re-reading the BRB and searching for an answer on this, but no luck, so sorry if this is a commonly repeated question.

Lets say I have an Independent Character (who is not a marine and does not have fearless) who is attached to a 10-man squad, and in the shooting phase the unit suffers 10 unsaved wounds that I've already assigned to the squad in an attempt at saving the IC. Basically the attached squad gets totally killed out from under the IC.

So, at the end of the shooting phase, does my IC need to make a morale test since he was initially part of a unit which took 25% casualties? Then, when it's my turn, do I keep running off the board with no chance to regroup since the original unit suffered more than 50% casualties?

The way I've played it is I take the initial morale check and fall back due to casualties. Then on my turn the IC is his own man again and gets a regroup roll.

any help is appreciated, my opponents will demand page numbers if possible

Culven
11-16-2010, 09:29 AM
You have been playing correctly. The Morale rules for 25% casualties require that a Morale Test be taken at the end of a phase in which a Unit has taken 25%+ casualties. So, at the time the test is required because of casualties, the IC was part of the unit. It doesn't matter that the unit was wiped out because the IC is at that point in time part of the unit. Then during your turn, the IC is no longer part of the unit, so the IC rules apply and ally him to rally.

BlackKnight15624
11-16-2010, 11:51 AM
You're right- since the unit he was attached to was wiped out, he would test (and in this scenario is presumed to fail) to fall back. However, after the initial fall back move, he becomes his own unit again, and would test on his own LD to regroup.