PDA

View Full Version : Typhus question

Denzark
11-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Typhus has the worryingly titled 'Manreaper'. This acts as a 'normal' daemon weapon. The question is, is that all Daemon weapons EITHER act as Chaos undivided or gain attributes linked to the carrier's mark of chaos.

So, does the Manreaper work as a Nurgle Demon weapon due to Typhus' mark or as an undivided - as I can't see an option for awepaonwhich does neither.

If this has been faq'd my apoligies, couldn't spot it myself.

Cheers all,

albertsevil
11-12-2010, 03:37 PM
I believe it works as a Nurgle daemon weapon (poisoned) with the benefit of allowing Typhus to instant kill one model a turn who was wounded by the weapon (force weapon rules). Hope that helps.

Good gaming

JxKxR
11-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Looking at the Daemon weapons page it says over plaguebringer in parenthesis lords with mark of nurgle. So I would say for the daemon weapon to work 'normaly' then it would take into account that he has the mark of nurgle so it is a plaguebringer.

On a side note I love Typhus. He is my one model who has never died.

Culven
11-12-2010, 04:31 PM
The Manreaper works as a normal Daemon Weapon carried by a model with the Mark of Nurgle, with additional rules.

isotope99
11-12-2010, 04:54 PM
I've always played it as a nurgle daemon weapon (i.e. poisoned) with force sword abilities too (excellent against tyranids).

Typhus main problem is his base 4 toughness makes him very vulnerable to the 'sucker punch' from power fists/klaws etc.

Needs a base toughness of 5 and/or eternal warrior in the next codex.