PDA

View Full Version : Soul Grinder -> Defiler?

MagosTechnicus
08-24-2009, 05:34 PM
I run a Soul Grinder as a Defiler in my CSM army. It's not converted, but I equip it with the extra attacks instead of the Flamer / Autocannon / whatever... Then the Maw Cannon (aka mouth) = the Battle Cannon.

Is this OK / Lame? Would somebody at a tournament complain?

I just prefer the look of the Soul Grinder....

Mike X
08-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Is this OK / Lame? Would somebody at a tournament complain?

For normal, friendly games, it'd be fine. For tournaments? I highly doubt it'd go over well...

Chaos
08-24-2009, 06:58 PM
if its a straight soul grinder with no modelling additions i would say its fine for friend games also but as mike x said in a tournament i would allow it but some people might not like it so much...

Valhallan42nd
08-24-2009, 07:02 PM
I'd have no problem with it, at least in an open list environment. The only time I would have a problem with it would be in an Apoc game with a mixed CSM/CD list or if it was a closed list tournament and you were unwilling to explain what the model was armed with.

Lord Inquisitor
08-24-2009, 09:00 PM
As long as it looks like it has whatever you give it you cant really bar it.

AdamHarry
08-25-2009, 10:38 AM
They have the exact same footprint...ok maybe not exact but height and width are pretty close. If you're measuring from the 'Maw' as your battle cannon you're actually giving up an inch or more.

I'd check with your Tourney Organizers. I run two defilers sometimes and was thinking of picking up a soul-grinder to swap out some games just for the sake of variety...and the model is just plain cool :P

Absolutionis
08-27-2009, 08:40 AM
The Chaos Space Marine list does not have a Soul Grinder, so there is absolutely no possibility of confusion. This is allowed.

inkzoo
08-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Counts as: Defiler. I'd allow it.

oni
08-27-2009, 09:52 AM
I can't say that I'd care. They're practically the same thing.