View Full Version : Penal Legion Conversion

Lednera
11-11-2010, 12:40 AM
Hi guys need some advise on this I am thinking of using beastman plastic kits as bse for my penal legions and catachan bits my question is what kit sould I get for the body the ungors, gors, or beastigors so that they look ok with catachan arms?

MasterSlowPoke
11-11-2010, 02:33 AM
Gors would look best with Catachan arms. Bestigors would too but they're kind of expensive.

Lednera
11-11-2010, 02:47 AM
on a side note would ungors make good partners to cadian arms and torsos or would the gors also work out?

MasterSlowPoke
11-11-2010, 04:10 AM
Cadian arms are wearing shirts so you'd have to sculpt something on to make them work.

Beastman bodies and legs are all one piece, IIRC.

Bridgetroll
11-11-2010, 05:22 AM
http://picasaweb.google.com/HauptmannTotenhorn/13Myrkvid#

Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures. Perhaps they show you some of the possibilities you have with kitbashing Beastmen with IG. (The texts below some pictures are german and about the units`backgrounds, not important.)

I build this army with the old Beastmen Box which hat Gors AND Ungors so i used both bodies and heads. I halved many of the one-piece beastmen bodies, it is really easy to find the right point to cut so you can combine them with imperial upper bodies or legs.

I used mainly catachan parts, really easy because they already are half naked and their arms are already unhumanly muscular. Sculpt some fur on them if you want to maximize the illusion, but they fit really well. But you have to cut and improve a little, the beastmen bodies are not perfect for the 'two arms holding a lasgun, shooting' pose.

In the last picture i used some cadian parts for armoured veterans, dont ask how they put their helmets on. Just dont. The bodies are pretty fittting, too - but the the arms have cloth on them, would look just silly to use them.

I hope my experiences with Imperial Beastmen did help or inspire a litte, have fun building them!