PDA

View Full Version : Lady Malys Reposition

j78
11-10-2010, 06:32 AM
sorry if asked before, searched but maybe not well enough.

for lady malys special redeployment, you can move d3 units after deployment including placing them in reserve. can you move units in reserve back to the table?

gcsmith
11-10-2010, 06:59 AM
I would say yes, at least if ur playing against me, as it seems to be in the spirit of the rule. Don't if others will though.

j78
11-10-2010, 07:41 AM
nice to know:)

seems to hinge on "redeploy"

to put something in reserve you choose not to deploy. so if you never deployed, you couldn't redeploy. unless you think redeploy allows you to make that choice again.

gcsmith
11-10-2010, 08:03 AM
well on that basis u couldnt put things in reserve, yet it says u can so :) intention seems to be changing either where on board of if they go on board or not

helvexis
11-16-2010, 05:49 PM
I've got a quick question about this

Does this and endears redeploy happen before or after seizing the initiative?

SeattleDV8
11-16-2010, 06:34 PM

for lady malys special redeployment, you can move d3 units after deployment including placing them in reserve. can you move units in reserve back to the table?

No sorry.
BRB pg.94 "...players may choose not to deploy one or more of the units in their army and instead leave them in reserve."
Units placed in reserve are not deployed and so cannot be re-deployed.
Anything on the table sure but nothing can be removed or added.

BuFFo
11-16-2010, 10:29 PM

Yes. You decide who is in Reserves as part of your deployment. You are allowed to redeploy units. You can move units in and out of Reserves as you see fit.

You are redeploying, not repositioning.

Billyjoeray
11-16-2010, 11:57 PM
No sorry.
BRB pg.94 "...players may choose not to deploy one or more of the units in their army and instead leave them in reserve."
Units placed in reserve are not deployed and so cannot be re-deployed.
Anything on the table sure but nothing can be removed or added.

I hate to tell you but you're wrong. Her special rules specifically state that you can move a unit that is deployed into reserve, the question was whether or not this extended to placing something that was in reserve back on the table. I'm not sure about the answer to that one, that's definitely an iffy area.

BuFFo
11-17-2010, 12:50 AM
I hate to tell you but you're wrong. Her special rules specifically state that you can move a unit that is deployed into reserve, the question was whether or not this extended to placing something that was in reserve back on the table. I'm not sure about the answer to that one, that's definitely an iffy area.

You decide to place units in Reserve DURING your deployment. Anything you do with your units at this step is considered deployment.

You have to be careful, because the word 'deploy' also means to physically put units on the table, as opposed to Deployment itself.

Saying you can 'redeploy' is the same as saying 'go back to the beginning of the Deployment phase and start over, without any restrictions, so if you wish to deploy this unit on the table, or put it in Reserves, is up to you.

This is how I read it as, and how I play it as.

SeattleDV8
11-17-2010, 02:06 AM

Yeah you are correct, her rules do allow placing a unit into reserves, but nowhere does it say you can move a unit from reserves onto the table.

DarkLink
11-17-2010, 11:30 AM
I have to agree with Seattle DV8. Putting something in reserves is not deploying something. Lady Malys' rule can only reposition units that have deployed, and take units that have been deployed and un-deploy them. It does not allow you to take a unit that has not been deployed and force it to deploy.

BuFFo
11-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Deploying is described under each Deployment type rolled. Putting a unit in Reserve is part of the deployment process. The deployment process is not part of the Reserves rule.

dannyat2460
11-26-2010, 06:56 PM
like buffo said earlier the problem here is that deploy has two meanings and until GW FAQ this we can argue the wording all day with both sides been correct I personaly would say you cant place models from reserve into play as I think that as it says in the rule you can put it into thay would have a and/or take from reserve and place on board in there too, but in the spirit of fair play i wouldnt mind D3 units as come on its only D3 units

Tynskel
11-26-2010, 08:25 PM
I disagree, putting something in reserves is deploying them off the board. The description of reserves is quite clear. Deploy is not defined by the rulebook, and therefor must use the context giving in the rulebook--- which is consistent that reserves is a type of deployment.

The connotation of deploying during setup is completely different from the connotation of deploying from reserves; the language changes between pre-game and in-game.

dannyat2460
11-28-2010, 04:22 PM
but bringing them back out of reserves is still before the game starts so the defernition of deploy is exactly the same