PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar - why shock prow?

dj@home
11-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Hi everyone,

a lot of sample lists have the shock prow upgrade on raiders. they say u need them to tank shock enemy units. where does it say that i cannot tank shock with my basic raider?

I sometimes tank shock with my eldar vypers - basically that should be the same? (open topped fast skimmer)

please enlighten me:confused:
cheers

dj

Drew da Destroya
11-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Technically, only Tanks can tank shock... unless your Vyper is an Open Topped Fast Skimmer Tank, it can't tank shock. The Wave Serpent, Falcon, and Fire Prism all can tank shock, but I don't know if the Vyper is a tank.

Some wargear upgrades exist that let non-tanks tank shock. For example, the Shock Prow or the reinforced ram on an Ork Trukk. You can't tank shock with a stock Raider.

somerandomdude
11-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Only vehicles classified as tanks (or with an appropriate upgrade such as the Shock Prow) are able to tank shock - pg. 68 of the rulebook.

Your Eldar Vypers may not tank shock (but your Wave Serpents, Falcons, and Fire Prisms can).

Drew da Destroya
11-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Only vehicles classified as tanks (or with an appropriate upgrade such as the Shock Prow) are able to tank shock - pg. 68 of the rulebook.

Your Eldar Vypers may not tank shock (but your Wave Serpents, Falcons, and Fire Prisms can).

High five for thinking of the same examples!

dj@home
11-09-2010, 03:38 PM
hmmm... thats right...

seems i have been cheating in my last game... :eek:

helvexis
11-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Also looking at the shock prow is there any reason I can't say ram some transport and if my raider happens to be wrecked my guys emergency disembark pass test and then assault?

DarkLink
11-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Also looking at the shock prow is there any reason I can't say ram some transport and if my raider happens to be wrecked my guys emergency disembark pass test and then assault?

There was actually a thread on exactly this not long ago. You should be able to find it with a quick search.

helvexis
11-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Ok thanks