PDA

View Full Version : Farseer in falcon

Bedroom General
11-09-2010, 03:37 AM
Here's my question, I'm sorry if it is a stupid one. Is a farseer in a Falcon able to cast guide on the Falcon? Is he also able to cast doom out of the falcon? "cos I like the idea of farseers with singing spears in falcons with 5 DA bodyguards. I'll use 'em anyway but this would definitely increase their effectiveness. Was there a FAQ on this?

gcsmith
11-09-2010, 03:53 AM
cant doom out as no fire point, however I think he can guide the falcon.

11-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Doom is not considered a shooting attack, so he can cast it. According to the rulebook FAQ, psykers in transports can cast psychic powers on units outside of their transport, but cannot cast a power on a unit inside a different transport.

Notably, Mind War and Eldritch Storm are both considered shooting attacks, so those the farseer can't cast out of the transport.

scadugenga
11-09-2010, 05:36 PM
And doom specifically states an enemy unit within 24". Has no requirements for LoS, which is why it can be used inside the transport.

scadugenga
11-09-2010, 06:33 PM
And doom specifically states an enemy unit within 24". Has no requirements for LoS, which is why it can be used inside the transport.

Fueldrop
11-09-2010, 08:47 PM
definite yes. it's a great tactic, i use it all the time.

Bedroom General
11-10-2010, 12:58 AM
That is great news guys. Thanks for the assist!

w7west
11-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Don't forget you can fortune the falcon before turboboosting as well. A smart opponent will simply avoid trying to shoot down a turboboosted, rerolling cover, eldar damage result shenanagins, holofield falcon. They just don't die.

Droofus
11-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Just remember that you can't guide your dire avengers before they disembark from their transport. Not that you'd want to with only five of them, but it bears mentioning.

JBFlanz
11-12-2010, 02:58 AM
Just remember that you can't guide your dire avengers before they disembark from their transport. Not that you'd want to with only five of them, but it bears mentioning.

May I ask why? The Eldar codex says line of site is not needed and the unit must be within range. A close transport with guys inside will meet both of those requirements. Just looking for a reason.

MasterSlowPoke
11-12-2010, 05:37 AM
The Eldar FAQ says the Farseers powers do not work on units inside transports, unless he targets his own unit.

11-14-2010, 10:35 AM
To expand on what MasterSlowPoke said, a farseer can only guide the unit he shares a transport with or a unit outside of a transport.

As well, though, how do you guys usually handle Eldritch Storm? If in a vehicle, can it be cast? Personally, I feel that without a fire point, the eldar player cannot use it while embarked on a vehicle, nor can he use it if the vehicle moved faster than combat speed. Others have suggested that since no LoS is needed, he can use Eldritch storm without issue when no fire point is available. I can only go to the INAT FAQ where for Chapter Master's, for example, they could not use their orbital bombardment from a Land Raider as they had no fire point.

MasterSlowPoke
11-14-2010, 02:05 PM
He can't use a shooting attack without a fire point. It's simple.