PDA

View Full Version : I have a BA question for YOU.. INTERNET!

Death
11-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Dear, Mr. or Mrs. Internet

I'm creating a Jump Pack BA list taking advantage of Decent of angels and the 1d6 scatter so i have the ability to reserve everything and get the first punch with meltas and assaults (I play guard a lot)

So here is my Question!

Honor guard Or Vanguard Veterans
Both can have any upgrade schemes you see fit however both must have Jump Packs!

Death to all who oppose me!

lobster-overlord
11-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Depends on what function you need. Honor Guard is a support unit for others. The banner, the sang init are helpful to others as well, while the Vanguard is just a punch to the face. If you need a punch, use the vanguard. if you need an augment to a punch, use teh HG. Have a vanguard supported by the HG and give you both.

John M.

Denzark
11-06-2010, 12:02 PM
My answer....

Move this to 'TACTICS' subforum....

That is all.

addamsfamily36
11-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Honour guard all the way. Its the only way you can have a priest that isn't an independent character.

load out wise

Noviate - as he comes
banner - power weapon
one normally equipped guy to keep costs in check (maybe buy him a flamer or special weapon. melta)
two equipped with power weapons or one sword one fist etc etc (your choice either unit killers or tank killers)

2 attacks basic, +1 for close combat weapons, +1 for banner, +1 for charging (if you charge)

so on the charge thats

25 attacks at strength 5 (if you strike first)
15-20 of those attacks could be powerweapons.

shove a chaplain in there and your rerolling to hit, but thats just a secondary thing.