PDA

View Full Version : Yme-Loc Farseer

11-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Hey guys, so I've never actually uploaded any photos of my armies or models before, so I apologize beforehand if the sizing doesn't come out well.

Anyhow, with the assistance of several helpful members on the BoLS forums, I crafter an Eldar list that is fun, challenging, and interesting to play. I come from playing Ultramarines where I enjoyed the uniformity of the army, but ultimately found the colours to be rather boring. So, this is where the inspiration to start up Eldar came from. I want an interesting colour scheme, but one that isn't too common. I decided on Yme-Loc as it's a colour combination I haven't before tried, but is nonetheless striking.

Anyhow, this is my counts-as Eldrad farseer. I admit that I copied the scheme from the Dawn of War 2 farseer model with the Yme-Loc scheme from the game type of the Last Stand. ...but let's keep that between us. :P

EDIT: To add, C&C is welcome and appreciated. This is probably some of my personal best work, but am hoping to make this army really stand out. In particular, I'm hoping for some feedback on the shuriken pistol, as I may end up going with that colour for my DA's Avenger Shuriken Catapults. :)

As well, it's slightly converted. I put some green stuff into the space where the farseer head would sit, and when placing a Wood Elf Glade Guard head in, decided the green stuff looked similar to a scarf. What is not visible in this photo is the armour on the head which is also painted orange. This is meant to be the Ghost Helm. But, yes, I decided that my farseer is female. The Eldar bodies are generally lithe enough that I didn't think modelling breasts was necessary to convey the gender. Plus, why can't some A-cups exist in the grim future?

DrLove42
11-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Vert nicely done. Orange and White are both hard colours to do properly.

Pistols very nice as well.

Only comment is the greenstuffinf looks fine, but more definition on it being a scarf would be good. And maybe not painting it the same colour as the hair, cos it just looks like a continuation of it

Bigred
11-06-2010, 09:13 AM
That is gorgeous

I've been waiting for a long time for someone to really do a high quality Yme-Loc army. If my Alaitoc army wasn't over 200 models I would start over as I love the look of the Orange and Grey scheme.

Looking forward to pics and don't forget to grab the logosheet we made years back here. (http://www.box.net/shared/ukzbdrt48r)

11-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Thanks, Bigred! I really appreciate the compliment and resource!

DrLove42, my general experience with green stuff is simply as a means to fill in gaps and that was my initial idea with this model. The model, without the green stuff, has a bit of a lip to the robe as a trim. The green stuff kind of melded with that and overflowed, unfortunately. I decided to keep it and do what I could. It may not have dried properly by the time I primed the model, but it didn't seem to take the paint quite as well. I see what you mean, that it kind of blends in with the hair - which I followed the directions from the most recent White Dwarf on how to paint red hair for the DE - but I'm going to attribute that lost imagery on lacking green stuff skills. :) Thank you very much for the encouragement nonetheless! I hope to bring as much attention to my recently primed wraithlord! :D

Farseer Uthiliesh
11-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Image, that's exceptional!

eldargal
11-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Very nice indeed, and always good to see another female Farseer.:)

11-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Here's an update to include my wraithlord. He has several imperfections that need touching up, but nothing too serious. I tried to mimic as closely as possible the scheme I used for my farseer and am pretty pleased with the results. :)

I'm a little unsure about the cloth on the wraithlord as I'm not entirely convinced going with the orange was the best choice. Any suggestions? :)

Bigred
11-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Now the only question is where to put the craftworld logo...

The head or the tabard???

JxKxR
11-07-2010, 06:51 PM

Silly question, the tabard of course! You should do it the same color as the head it'll make the orange look better to you.

11-07-2010, 07:08 PM

As JxKxR suggested, I'm thinking the tabard. I really like the faceless look of the wraithlord with a white helm.

JxKxR, you think I should change the tabard to make it white? I tried to make the wraithlord's head the focal point between the paint and pose of the model. I'm afraid that matching something with as stark as the head elsewhere will pull away from that focal point. Nonetheless, I want an overall better looking model. >.<

MasterSlowPoke
11-08-2010, 03:51 AM
I'd actually say a really pale green, similar to the inner robes on your Farseer, would be best. White would draw too much attention away from the head. Blue could also work, but might mix too much with the spirit stones.

Yme-Loc's probably my favorite color scheme, even more than the Craftworld I'm slowly working on. For some inspiration, this is a Yme-Loc version of Yriel a friend converted and painted. Unfortunately this is the only Yme-Loc model he painted as he doesn't really like GW games.
http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f281/BBivona/Miniature%20Painting/Yme-Loc%20Eldar%202010/?action=view&current=autarch_cmon.jpg