PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, Just Want to Ask...

Herald of Nurgle
08-24-2009, 12:40 PM
What stuff was ACTUALLY in the final swag for the tournament?
I know that you said, what, $11000 of swag, but any summaries?

And what did everyone else (who went - dammit! :mad:) get for their participation?

Faultie
08-24-2009, 12:57 PM
It was $11k+ for all prizes, I think.

Each swag bag had a pair of books (Brothers of the Snake and something else), some iron halo bases, a few custom resin salamander bitz, coupons, and a few other things I can't remember.

Aims
08-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Magnets.

ForgeWorld sent some stuff... ton of stuff for Fantasy/40k/LotR... some battlefoam.com cases... some copies of DoW II.... and other than that, I don't remember.

chapterhousestudios
08-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Umm.. Actually Chapterhouse Studios gave a "I" Shoulder pad and Scaled Power Claw Pewter kit and the card had a discount code for 15% off :P

RealGenius
08-24-2009, 03:05 PM
I luckily scored a Chapterhouse Studios thunder hammer bit with an "I" shoulder pad which I intend to use for a lizard-themed Inquisitor.

FirstLegion
08-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Umm.. Actually Chapterhouse Studios gave a "I" Shoulder pad and Scaled Power Claw Pewter kit and the card had a discount code for 15% off :P

Indeed! :) I will be putting them to good use, but on different models. They will also be for a salamanders army though.

The I shoulder pads for some demonhunters.

crazyredpraetorian
08-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Each freebie bag had approximately $70 worth of stuff in it.

Grendel
08-24-2009, 04:31 PM
I hope everyone liked the sample bags from Ironhalo. it took us a while to get all 250 bags sorted :)

and lets not talk about postage on 6.5 KG of resin :)

wish we could have been there, but texas is a wee way from NZ.

Alan
Ironhalo.net

Faultie
08-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Those bases are nice! Just what I've come to expect from Iron Halo.

chapterhousestudios
08-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Luckily, being in the US, it was only $15 to ship 10 pound of pewter :P.

Jwolf
08-24-2009, 07:16 PM
We gave away a mountain of stuff. Blue Table put in some nice painted 40K models that I gave away as judge's choice items in the 40K tournament. Battlefoam game us several bags that went to participants, a random hotel guest, and the two top sportsmen in 40K (I asked same if a bag or a pile of dudes was more attractive to the top WFB sportsman, and went with his choice of dudes, so hit him if you wanted the bag, Ralph).

grey_death
08-24-2009, 09:25 PM
I hope everyone liked the sample bags from Ironhalo. it took us a while to get all 250 bags sorted :)

and lets not talk about postage on 6.5 KG of resin :)

wish we could have been there, but texas is a wee way from NZ.

Alan
Ironhalo.net

Expect to see some one off work from me in the future using your bases ^_^. They're really nice with a great variety in the bag to get me off and running.

Grendel
08-24-2009, 11:50 PM
cool, definately send us pics of any models you paint up on our bases. i always like to see what people have done.

CrusherJoe
08-25-2009, 04:09 AM
All the swag was very nice and will be put to use. I've even started reading "Brotherhood of the Snake".

The samples from Chapterhouse were excellent -- I love the =I= shoulderpad! Was that your Salamanders army I saw that was completely and utterly "blinged out" and looking so fantastic?

I just happened to get two "Battlefield of Thran" (or however you spell it) bases from Iron Halo, one bike, one 40mm, that will go perfectly with the other bag of bike bases and the 20 25mm ones I've already purchased from BattleForge Games here locally. :)

Aaaah, and those magnets. Perfect.

Yup, excellent swag indeed!

chapterhousestudios
08-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Yep that was our army, I really need to get some shots of it some time and post on our webstore site, would be a good advertisement :)

Glad you liked the bits!

KINGS
08-26-2009, 01:52 PM
cool, definately send us pics of any models you paint up on our bases. i always like to see what people have done.

Thanks so much for those bases. I am now going to base my entire Wood Elf army using them!