PDA

View Full Version : Played my first Killzone games this evening

scadugenga
11-03-2010, 10:08 PM
(which given the new boyo in the family, is something of a minor miracle)

This alt. rules set for small skirmish games of 40k is fantastic.

Went 1-1 with my eldar SOG. Won against Orks, lost against Marines. The game plays so like 40k, but has such a cinematic feel that each single death hurts.

I heartily recommend giving it a try. I'll try to get a more in depth review later.

BuFFo
11-03-2010, 11:46 PM
What is Killzone? You mean Kill Team?

steelmage99
11-04-2010, 02:23 AM
No, he means Killzone.

Google it. Which I am actually sure you have done by now. :)

Venerable Rhadamanthus
11-04-2010, 03:20 AM

Killzone is a lot of fun!

It's full name is Spec Ops: Killzone. Big Jim at http://galaxyinflames.blogspot.com/ created a rule set for Killteam like games. Taking ideas from old and new Killteam rules, Necromunda, etc and adding some flair, missions, etc. It's a great Skirmish level scenario for 40k.

And Adepticon liked what he and his group of game testers put forth, they picked it up for Adepticon 2011!

scadugenga
11-04-2010, 06:09 AM

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2010/10/40k-fan-content-killzone-blitz.html

Brent wrote an article about it that has links to all the things like rules, errata, scenarios & the forum.

In my opinion--it's what kill team should have been, and wasn't.

It has all the fun of Mordheim, only in a 40k setting, though without the possibility of just getting knocked down or stun results if you blow an armor/cover save.

Big Jim
11-04-2010, 12:07 PM
(which given the new boyo in the family, is something of a minor miracle)

This alt. rules set for small skirmish games of 40k is fantastic.

Went 1-1 with my eldar SOG. Won against Orks, lost against Marines. The game plays so like 40k, but has such a cinematic feel that each single death hurts.

I heartily recommend giving it a try. I'll try to get a more in depth review later.

I am glad you enjoyed Killzone! Watch for an update around the 15th of November, it'll incorporate little tweaks from the playtesting feedback.