PDA

View Full Version : Archon costume advice

gcsmith
11-03-2010, 10:24 AM
This saturday my store is running a costume contest to win the Black box warriors so I wanted some advice to achieve a decent costume like the new archon model. Since im starting a dark eldar army I cant see why not to embarass myself for free £18 box :p

Any advice on wat to use? the cheaper and quicker the better.

fuzzbuket
11-03-2010, 11:25 AM
lots of flowing black robes? a stormtrooper hat? / elf hat + crown + toysword + powersander+ others =???

gcsmith
11-03-2010, 11:37 AM
well ive got a green cloak :p

DarkLink
11-03-2010, 03:24 PM
well ive got a green cloak :p

Add some cardboard and you're a SM Scout

gcsmith
11-03-2010, 03:32 PM
:P
well it didnt say what to go as, but im going as an archon with black shirt, trousers, green cloak and sword and soulstone i think :p though all subject to change if people have better idea.

Fueldrop
11-03-2010, 05:07 PM
just don't leave home without you soul-trap (pyramid about size of fist, freaky looking runes. materials variable, just make it look ominous...)

Drew da Destroya
11-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Well, you could really get into the character, and when you walk into the store, stab someone while cackling maniacly. Then take the warriors (and the Wyches and Raider while you're at it), and walk out. (disclaimer: Don't actually take that suggestion)

Green cloak sounds like it could work, but I second the need for a Soultrap. You'll also have to do something with your hair/face to make you seem more Dark Eldar-y... do you happen to have pointy ears? Some dark eyeliner and an over-the-top hairstyle would probably help. Ask a female friend/relative/girlfriend to help you out?

Grailkeeper
11-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Damn Drew beat me to the make up point- remember as pale as possible.

you could also drak a dark eldar tattoo on your face with Eye liner. Bits of jewellery like cheap earrings hanging off your clothes could make intersting trophys- weird wargear

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
11-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Find a pair of cargo pants and matching top, now rip them to shreds, draw fake cuts on your skin, add bruising with makeup, and claim your a former IG soldier who has been captured by the new DE.