PDA

View Full Version : Titan movement & weapon question.

david5th
11-02-2010, 02:16 PM
i have 2 quick questions that i wish to put ask just make sure i know the answer.

Q1 - Titans move as if they are gargantuan creatures. In apocalypse rulebook they are slowed down by difficult terrain like monstrous creatures - re-roll dice but double result. However that was 4th ed and 5th ed uses the Move through cover USR. What do i do ?
( i feel you roll extra dice, pick highest and double it.)

Q2 - is the Reaver Melta Cannon "melta" in name only ?
( I think so but would be cool if it was a melta weapon.)

Q3 - The Warhounds "Agile" special rule, how does that work now the "Fleet" USR has changed in 5th ed ?
( I think it simple allows it to run an extra d6 if it chooses.)

If i have been blind and there is a FAQ out there with these answers, please point it out to me.

Regards David5th.

DarkLink
11-02-2010, 03:48 PM
1. If Monstrous Creatures no longer get Move Through Cover, and Gargantuan Creatures act like Monstrous Creatures for difficult terrain, then Gargantuan Creatures don't get MTC anymore either.

2. If the weapon doesn't have the melta rule in its statline, you don't get the extra d6. Regardless of the name.

3. Does the "agile" rule give them fleet? If so, it works just like every other unit in the game with fleet: you may run the extra d6, then assault afterwards. Simple.

Gotthammer
11-03-2010, 08:04 AM
Melta cannon is one of the best Titan guns IMO - Str 10 AP1, with a 10" blast. It's melta rule is you add 3D6 for hits under the centre, and 2D6 for anything else. It kills tight armoured groups and heavy infantry with great ease.

Tynskel
11-03-2010, 08:27 AM
1. If Monstrous Creatures no longer get Move Through Cover, and Gargantuan Creatures act like Monstrous Creatures for difficult terrain, then Gargantuan Creatures don't get MTC anymore either.

Wait, they don't? I thought Monsterous Creatures always have Move Through Cover. I won't have the (holy) book in front of me for another 10 hours.

Mal
11-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Thats funny because my 5th edition rule book has the following under the monsterous creatures section on Pg.51.

Movement
All monsterous creatures have the 'move through cover' special rule (see page 75). They simply bash their way through trees and ruins!

I don't know about you, but I read that as saying that all monsterous creatures have the 'move through cover' special rule...

DarkLink
11-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Wait, they don't? I thought Monsterous Creatures always have Move Through Cover. I won't have the (holy) book in front of me for another 10 hours.

I think they got rid of it. I could be wrong, though. I don't play many MCs

eldargal
11-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Monstrous creatures still have move through cover according to my mini-BRB.

david5th
11-03-2010, 11:11 AM

2. If the weapon doesn't have the melta rule in its statline, you don't get the extra d6. Regardless of the name.

3. Does the "agile" rule give them fleet? If so, it works just like every other unit in the game with fleet: you may run the extra d6, then assault afterwards. Simple.

1- Monstrous Creatures get Move Through Cover. My question is do i use that or the statement in the Apocalypse rulebook?

3 - Agile -
Fire all available weapons
or fire single primary weapon and move extra d6 as per fleet rule ( 4th ed )
or fire no weapons and move extra 2 d6 as per fleet rule ( 4th ed )

Do i use 5th ed fleet rules or apoc ruling?

Bean
11-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Melta cannon is one of the best Titan guns IMO - Str 10 AP1, with a 10" blast. It's melta rule is you add 3D6 for hits under the centre, and 2D6 for anything else. It kills tight armoured groups and heavy infantry with great ease.

It is actually strictly worse than the Warlord Volcano Cannon. Everything it does, the Volcano Cannon does better. Period.

On the Reaver, it's slightly less of an obviously bad choice, since it still gets the 10" template while the Volcano Cannon drops to 7", but, even there, the Laser Blaster is really still better.

DarkLink
11-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Monstrous creatures still have move through cover according to my mini-BRB.

Well, never mind then:rolleyes:. Don't mind me.

1- Monstrous Creatures get Move Through Cover. My question is do i use that or the statement in the Apocalypse rulebook?

If the Apoc book says Garantuan Creatures move like Monstrous Creatures here, then they do. If it has its own set of unique movement rules for GCs, then use those.

Note that I haven't actually looked at the Apoc rules. And it's totally because I'm trying to promote independant and logical thinking amongst others, not because I'm lazy:rolleyes:.

3 - Agile -

So basically it modifies how far you can go and how much you can shoot, while letting you still use the fleet rule? Even if it doesn't translate 100% to 5th ed, the meaning is clear enough.

Tynskel
11-04-2010, 06:59 PM
It is actually strictly worse than the Warlord Volcano Cannon. Everything it does, the Volcano Cannon does better. Period.

On the Reaver, it's slightly less of an obviously bad choice, since it still gets the 10" template while the Volcano Cannon drops to 7", but, even there, the Laser Blaster is really still better.

funny thing about apoc is that it really isn't about whether a weapon is better or not... it is more about how much stuff you can blow up!

10" can blow up more stuff. The laser blaster will kill the 1 thing it shoots, dead!

Gir
11-04-2010, 07:38 PM

3 - Agile -

I don't get how this can confuse you. It's pretty straight forward.

Your choices are (int he shooting phase)
Fire all guns
Or Move D6" and fire one gun
OR Move 2D6" and fire no guns

The fleet rule is there purely to establish that you can do this extra movement and still assault in the following assault phase.