PDA

View Full Version : Chapter or Company Banner

Christian
10-24-2010, 08:25 AM
Hi BOLS
If I take a Honour Guard for my Blood Angels with 4 Power Weapons, would you recommend a Chapter or Company Banner?

BlackKnight15624
10-24-2010, 09:10 AM
Chapter Banner all the way. It's 15 points more, sure- but giving you +4 power weapon attacks far outweighs "counting as" scoring one extra wound in CC, IMO.

If you have a Sanguinary guard, though- it's a different story, as you're only allowed one chapter banner per army. Depending on how you kit them out, it might be worth it to just give the chapter banner to them and not even take a company banner in the honour guard.

Just my 2 cents- I'm not a power gamer or anything, so feel free to ignore.

Christian
10-24-2010, 09:16 AM
No i wont ignore this. But i need points so I am asking.

fuzzbuket
10-24-2010, 12:09 PM
depends on what else you are running.. if you have sang guard in you army give them the chapter banner and dont use a company banner at all. BA is very much a scalpel so even if 1 combat resolution makes a diffrence your doing it wrong :P chapter banners well.. i want more attacks :P

p.s. if your running a 5 man honour guard with power weapons why not just use sang guard?

just my 0.2p

-fuzz

Alrik_40000
10-24-2010, 02:46 PM
To answer the initial question, I concur with everyone and say Chapter Banner all the way! I'd much rather have more power weapon attacks, as you might kill more guys, instead of just hoping to bump up your result by one wound. As fuzz said, if it's that close in combat resolution you're probably playing them wrong! LOL

Also, I play Dante and an all-jump pack army, so I prefer the Sanguinary Guard with Chapter Banner, death masks, one power fist, and an attached priest with power weapon and jump pack. A 2+ armor save and Feel no Pain? Yes please. If I have the points I throw in a Librarian with Shield of Sanguinius and Sanguine Sword. Shield gives the squad a 5+ cover save against enemy shooting on the off chance that they're hanging out in the open, and Sword gives the Librarian Strength 10 power weapon attacks! I don't take Unleash Rage because most of the models have master-crafted weapons anyway.

The end result is something like this: dashing in with Furious Charge from the Priest, Dante gets 7 STR 5 master-crafted power weapon attacks at I7 (4 base + 1 for pistol + 1 charge + 1 for Chapter Banner), then the Sanguinary Guard get 16 STR 5 master-crafted power weapon attacks at I5 , the Librarian gets 5 STR 10 power weapon attacks at I5 the Priest gets 5 STR5 power weapon attacks at I5, and then the last guy gets 4 STR 8 power fist hits at I1. Not much survives all that!

But I digress... LOL

Anyway, the only reason I can see taking Honor Guard instead of Sanguinary Guard is for the built-in priest, and if you equip them all with Storm Shields, and Lightning Claws for wound rerolls.

hotchick
07-20-2011, 11:58 PM
All I have to say is that you are a frickin nerd...I joined this website as 'hotchick' and to my shock and dismay, the name had not already been taken. Venture out into the real world...get laid...get loaded...have a good time...and then come back and continue to post to this thread...Rock on

Hotchick.

Diagnosis Ninja
07-21-2011, 02:16 AM
All I have to say is that you are a frickin nerd...I joined this website as 'hotchick' and to my shock and dismay, the name had not already been taken. Venture out into the real world...get laid...get loaded...have a good time...and then come back and continue to post to this thread...Rock on

Hotchick.
It's not that you have a better life than "nerds", simply that we do this in addition to that stuff. Jog on.