PDA

View Full Version : Rules Question - Assault Marine

BuFFo
10-22-2010, 08:33 AM
I don't know if I am doing this right.

My Assault Marine has Swift Attack and Two Weapon Fighting (Melee).

Do I get three attacks, but with two of them modified by a -10? This is how we are playing it, and just wanted to know if i was doing it right.

Two Weapon lets you attack with two weapons at -20(-10 for Marines) penalty with each attack.

Swift Attack allows you to gain an additional attack. No modifiers are mentioned.

Is everything correct?

How do you guys load out/build out your Assault Marines?

Freefall945
10-30-2010, 07:03 AM
EDIT: Durp! The big ol' explanation I had is meaningless! Errata has changed it.

Yes, as it turns out, that's how it works.

EDIT EDIT: Damn you, Errata.

The Errata isn't clear on this despite a full page of examples trying to clarify it but it is presently unknown if you take the penalty for two-weapon wielder to one attack with each weapon, or to every attack in the action. I lean towards every attack, because the text says "You take a -20% penalty to attack with each weapon...", but good men can differ on the resolution. Oi, vey. Black Industries. I love your ideas, but I'm glad you have Fantasy Flight doing the heavy lifting nowadays.

BuFFo
10-31-2010, 10:18 AM
Thank you for the help, much appreciated :)

Freefall945
11-01-2010, 02:28 AM
No problemo, bro!

Interesting side note, the errata is very clear in pointing out what seems somewhat arbitrary to me, but is worth mentioning - Swift Attack and Lightning Attack both allow you to make extra attacks with one weapon, where Two Weapon Wielder grants you an attack with an additional weapon at the cost of penalizing the weapons in both hands.

That is to say, an assault marine with a chainsword and powerfist might, with Lightning Attack and Two Weapon Wielder, make three attacks with the fist, and one with the sword; or three with the sword, and one with the fist. He may not, however, make two attacks with each.

Doubt that'll affect you now, but I felt I'd throw it in as it might come up later for you. My Guardsman in Dark Heresy is brawling around with a Power Sword and Power Fist. My previous modus operandi was to make attacks with my Power Sword until I missed, and therefor made use of the free reroll offered to me by the Blademaster talent, before finishing up with Power Fist. No more! :(