PDA

View Full Version : Themed Dark Eldar Army

Porty1119
10-20-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm honestly not a fan of some of the DE stuff. So, I've decided to begin a full-conversion counts-as Dark Eldar army. Not much to say yet, but I'll start once I get my hands on a codex...
Let's just say it involves a mercenary F-14 with lascannons painted as an A5M Zero.

Did I say this would be awesome??

TheBitzBarn
10-20-2010, 10:53 PM
What are you not a fan of these are some of them best sculpts they have doen in a long time. I do not care for the nipple twisters as a army but the models are sweet

N0rdicNinja
10-21-2010, 07:29 AM
What are you not a fan of these are some of them best sculpts they have doen in a long time. I do not care for the nipple twisters as a army but the models are sweet

I tend to agree, I don't think I could ever play the army, I'm generally repulsed by the style. But the sculpts themselves are extremely well done!

Porty1119
10-25-2010, 03:16 PM
I just don't like the general style of the models. Too much spiky, not enough mechanical. I only really like something recognizable as human or near-human tech (i.e. Tau).

lobster-overlord
10-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Then why even bother with the DE as an army, unless you're all over Codex Creep?

If you like the mechanical, wouldn't you feel more comfortable actually running a Tau or an IG army to begin with?

BuFFo
10-25-2010, 11:59 PM
Then why even bother with the DE as an army, unless you're all over Codex Creep?

If you like the mechanical, wouldn't you feel more comfortable actually running a Tau or an IG army to begin with?

It couldn't be Codex Creep, since the 'current' Dark eldar codex is far more cheesy an army to build by far.

@Porty

I hope to see what kind of devilish conversions you come up with!

harrybuttwhisker
10-26-2010, 05:26 AM
Surely an f14 with lascannons screams vendetta or am I just being daft?

Mal
10-26-2010, 05:58 AM
There is no right or wrong when building an army, espically a conversion army.

Personally I love the new infantry minis and im replacing all my old infantry, however, as nice as the new vehicles are, I don't like them for dark eldar, they are a little too craftworld-y for my tastes, so im sticking with my older spiker vehicles.

Its just a question of taste.

Porty1119
10-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Thanks, Buffo.