PDA

View Full Version : The TSOALR comic is actually kind of funny

TPR_Trewevas
08-22-2009, 08:33 PM
I have to say that I have not found anything the TSOALR guy has done to be funny in quite a long time... but I have to say that the one posted on the BoLS page rignt now... well, it struck me as pretty funny... might just be me, but I figured I will give kudos where they are due... and they seem due now... I take back several of the bad things I have said about the strip.

Blackknight1239
08-22-2009, 11:50 PM
One funny comic does not a funny comic make. Really, all the little strips featured on BoLS haven't been funny in the slightess.

TSINI
08-23-2009, 03:42 AM
its a shame the main comic is finished now though, you can't beat a good KA-FREEM effect

Savark
08-23-2009, 03:53 AM
The Tsolar comics are awesome, i 'almost' cried when he stopped. t'was a said day when he stopped...
If you GET the jokes they're funny.
However the first few are... off the rails

the one
08-23-2009, 04:47 AM
I know ill miss it. Not sure about the bols ones though, not as good.

Rapture
08-23-2009, 12:19 PM
I agree. This is the first one that I have ever found amusing. I was so surprised that I actually reread it to make sure that I wasn't being somehow tricked to think it was funny.

Lord Inquisitor
08-23-2009, 02:23 PM
I get the jokes. I've just never found any of them funny in the least. I might feel like one is due a courtasy chuckle but that is about it.

Skragger
08-25-2009, 05:35 AM
I liked TSOALR but I found, like many many other webcomics it lost its focus and got bogged down. I equate it to Order of the Stick.. which started off as a simple comic poking fun at Dungeons and Dragons: the rules, the classes, spells, etc.. thats all it was, just poking fun at it. And then the author started to write in long elaborate plots and it got mired down with a LOT of un-funny comics for the sake of expanding some plot that the author got stuck in.

TSOALR was a similar story, where it originated poking fun at al the fluff and odd rules/races in 40K, but got bogged down with too much plot and got stuck.

Just my thoughts