PDA

View Full Version : New Tyranid models hidden in White Dwarf?

Lord Davi
08-22-2009, 07:28 AM
The topic title may be quite misleading as I'm really trying to get verification as to whether these are new models or just ones that I haven't seen before which is quite possible...

On page 96 on the latest White Dwarf (357) in Jervis' Standard Bearer there is an UM vs Tyranids picture. In it 2 models caught my eye that I thought were a Fex and Hive tyrant..but then again given that Harker was hidden in the photos last issue this could be a similar instance. I can't check myseld as currently I'm writing on my phone on a road trip but I think may nbe able to attach some photos that I've tried to upload. Could anyone with the copy tell me if they are just old models.

Sorry for poor quality.

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv73/SgtDavi/2009-08-22134734.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv73/SgtDavi/2009-08-22134740.jpg

entendre_entendre
08-22-2009, 11:11 AM
that's the current dinosau- i mean hive tyrant

Xas
08-22-2009, 11:17 AM
yeah there is a pic of the exact same tyrant in the curent dex.

the one
08-25-2009, 06:42 AM
Games Workshop always hid new stuff in White Dwarf and, well pretty much everywhere. For example in this years january issue (ork-opylpes, or what ever.) it shows somebodies army with the new punisher right in the corner. He the guy who has lodes of marines from diffrent chapters. And... well I could go on.

Nice try though.

Little Brother
08-26-2009, 01:58 AM
What caught my eye was in the top right hand corner of page 61.

There appears to be a carnifex with a very smooth carapace stood near the fortress wall that I don't recognise. The claws look like the forgeworld crushers/wreckers but the body looks new.

Also to the right of the aforementioned big guy there are a pair of models that look like warriors with outspread arms and with spikey carapaces that I again don't recognise.

Zigmunth
08-26-2009, 02:20 AM
just checked.. you're right... looks like some new stuff or sth

Deej
08-26-2009, 04:49 AM
just checked.. you're right... looks like some new stuff or sth

Pics anyone?

Mike Dunford
08-26-2009, 09:37 AM
I'd get a lot more excited about new models in WD pix if there was actually some sort of way to tell what's a pre-production model, what's a fairly close but not final prototype, and what's just a custom build. And if the lead time wasn't so dang long.

Stompas that were clearly either near-final prototypes or pre-production pieces appeared in the Apocalypse book; the bastion appears in several pictures in the 5th edition rulebook. There's also a barbed hieodole (sp?) featured in the apoc book along with a thunderbolt fighter. Any guesses on whether either of those is going to come out as a plastic release?

Vulkan He'stan
08-26-2009, 01:43 PM

There appears to be a carnifex with a very smooth carapace stood near the fortress wall that I don't recognise. The claws look like the forgeworld crushers/wreckers but the body looks new.

Also to the right of the aforementioned big guy there are a pair of models that look like warriors with outspread arms and with spikey carapaces that I again don't recognise.

which number WD is this?

Dave38x
08-26-2009, 02:22 PM
357 setp 2009.

And i like the look of those, perhaps a rewrite of tyrant guard? seeing as they happen to have no eyes just an alien style headpiece...

zann
08-26-2009, 04:56 PM
sweet new blue nids they look out of place but ill take um;)

Exitus Acta Probat
08-26-2009, 07:42 PM
I got my issue and took a magnifier to it...
Looks like a sculpt to smooth out and fiddle (plus the FW bits) on the Carni.

My FLGS shop guy thought the things in front of the Tyrant were converted Lictors with modded Carni Carapace(es/carapi?) and fiddled arms...looks to be the case under the magnification. I think those are supposed to be home-made tyrant guard.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I went over it all and it seems pretty much a mix of last edition, current edition, FW and LOTR bitz making an overall interesting army (there's a tyrant on a fellbeast body/wings in the other color scheme page prior).
Unfortunately...I think it ain't the case... :(

Lord Davi
08-29-2009, 05:44 AM
Back from my trip. I was trying to update and say check out page 61, theres a model that im very sure is new. Also on page 59 nearly deirectly infront of the stormlord (or variants) cannon there is a very menacing looking model with huge claws on the back...looks new.

I think it might be the Trygon the text was referring to Phil Kelly using...wonder which rules he used for it and why the other players were easily content to accept it, if you know what i mean ;)

Farsight
08-29-2009, 10:30 AM
I think that is just an old school ravener but I could be mistaken.

Vulkan He'stan
08-29-2009, 02:56 PM
anyone got any pics of this?

Exitus Acta Probat
08-29-2009, 03:26 PM
It's the newest WD...no pics from me unfortunately.

Got it under better mag, those 'tyrant guard' are old ORIGINAL hive tyrants with head swaps tweaking etc...
If you are talking about the same model, it is a ravener...I hate it when they mix lines of models, it causes speculation now that they've started sneaking stuff in.

:(

Deej
08-30-2009, 03:34 AM
I had a look in my local library... I mean WH Smiths, and I saw nothing new. Lots of conversions using bits of new miniatures. Closest to anything new I saw was something probably being a Tyrant Guard in the top-right of the page. They looked like Warriors, but had three rows of spiny things on their carapace - and I can't remember any 'nid model old or new that had that. Of course, it could just be a conversion.

fiore hellheart
09-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Gamesworkshop do hide alot of stuff in WD, like the chas gamesday model is in a whitedrawf from well over a year ago, its slightly different but is defintly the same.

skarzog
09-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Not to sound like broken record but...pics???

terricon4
09-01-2009, 09:02 PM
I myself don't play tyranids but a kid I know does, he was recently saying something about a new looking carnifex. He said it had a weird back and the angle of the body was off unless it had been cut and then green puttied. I currently don't know just what he was referring too but it might be something new, or just a green puttied carnifex.

Brother Masariel
09-02-2009, 02:35 AM
I knew you can find tyrant guards and a trygon hidden in a big mass combat pic..
..not a word on new hive tyrant..

ebolazaire
09-02-2009, 07:42 AM
I myself don't play tyranids but a kid I know does, he was recently saying something about a new looking carnifex. He said it had a weird back and the angle of the body was off unless it had been cut and then green puttied. I currently don't know just what he was referring too but it might be something new, or just a green puttied carnifex.

Did he mention where he saw them?

Hikaru-119
09-02-2009, 11:32 AM
It would definitely be nice to see some new Tyranid models. Heck I might even grab a few of them.

daboarder
09-06-2009, 01:28 AM
the carni looks like a conversion and i certainly hope its not a new one as it looks terrible.

the trygon on the left is the supposed plastic one from phil's army and looks pretty sweet even with the mixed 3rd/4th ed ravenors, note the HUGE GW style base its on i says thats a little boost to its existance.

as for the tyrant guard i'd say there new. the heads look like minature versions of the currnet tyrant but without the 2ed style of scuplt. when considering that this is also the GW's own tyranid army i'd be reasonably confident in stating that these are some upcoming tyrant guard.

god i hope there not just conversions they look AWESOME!!

Emperorsmercy
09-06-2009, 02:01 AM
the ones near the hive tyrant certainly look like new models, nearest comparison i can think of is a broodlord.

Anthony Yeates
09-06-2009, 04:49 AM
I really do wish GW would drop their "must keep this stuff secret" way of new models. Build up the hype by showing us whats in the pipe!

M3mph1s
09-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Good catch, just checked page 61. It's definitely something new.

Also what's the model under teh "Countdown to Apocalypse" blurb on page 60?

Farmer
09-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Pics people PICS!!!!

I nearly had a xenogasm...

Emperorsmercy
09-13-2009, 01:28 AM
I really do wish GW would drop their "must keep this stuff secret" way of new models. Build up the hype by showing us whats in the pipe!

Ah, but the things that build the hype is the secrecy and rumours....;)

Deej
09-13-2009, 05:57 AM
I had a fleeting glance, and I couldn't spot anything new. Mostly it was crazy conversions using older 'Nid models, like those hideous original Tyrant Guard. Man, those sucked.

foostoofoo
09-13-2009, 07:04 AM
I know i Shouldnt say this but I am good friends with one of my local GW staff members an he said not to tell, but who cares. The new hive tyrant box set is finished it is plastic and has wings in it!

Gonewild
09-13-2009, 08:03 AM
I know i Shouldnt say this but I am good friends with one of my local GW staff members an he said not to tell, but who cares. The new hive tyrant box set is finished it is plastic and has wings in it!

I told you not to tell!

Andrew283
09-13-2009, 09:23 AM
I really hope they do make the Tyrant Plastic as I avoid buying metal at all costs. Metal models break easily, they chip and they weigh a ton :(

angelblade
09-18-2009, 07:02 PM
how many times must i say this but NID ARNT GONNA GET A NEW CODEX FOR ALONG TIME and claiming oh but the plastic trygon in WD does not mean anything as its an apocalypse creature and they don't need a codex to be released with

there are 4 3rd ed codex's and 1 army who don't have a codex to go before nids even get a look in and lets face it black templars and tau will probably be before you

Bobx66
09-18-2009, 07:22 PM
how many times must i say this but NID ARNT GONNA GET A NEW CODEX FOR ALONG TIME and claiming oh but the plastic trygon in WD does not mean anything as its an apocalypse creature and they don't need a codex to be released with

there are 4 3rd ed codex's and 1 army who don't have a codex to go before nids even get a look in and lets face it black templars and tau will probably be before you

What is the purpose of this post dude. Sorry your ****ty templars and tau are going to stay just as bad as they are right now as every other chater and xenos (including Dark Eldar) will be getting or have already gotten updates before the two armies you listed.

Reliable sources have stated that the codex has been finished and will be printed shortly. Sorry dude, go trollbait somewhere else.

angelblade
09-18-2009, 07:36 PM
i love it when people say reliable sources so ur cousins a cleaner at GW HQ and hes seen some art has he lol

and i don't play tau or templars i actually have a nid army my self but by using that thing between my shoulders yes its called a head its easy to work our nids arnt gonna be a priority for GW atm

TalonZahn
09-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Angel, you are having this coversation in THREE threads. One of which YOU started.

Get out there and read other boards like: Dakka, Warpshadow, Bolter and Chainsword, etc, etc....

They almost all say the exact opposite of what you are preaching.

Spellscape
09-21-2009, 12:51 AM

Its current edition Carnifex with FW Crushing Claws