PDA

View Full Version : Dark Angels Psychic Powers and DEATHWATCH

MightyOrang
10-17-2010, 07:24 PM
So I was in the Barnes and Noble the other day reading the new DEATHWATCH book (before breaking for a nice nap) ... and came across the pages on Librarians. To my surprise, the psychic powers for the Blood Angels are pretty consistent with those from the BA Codex.

And it's the same for the Space Wolves.

So I looked up the Dark Angels entry -- they have 6 powers [Weaken Resolve, Mind Worm, Hellfire, Force Barrier, Mask of Shadows, and True Strike] -- but only 3 of them are in the BA Codex.

So is this a glimpse into the powers they might have in a future codex?

I'm not sure, since I recall that the Ultramarines powers listed in the book have 2 that are different than those in the Codex (ie: I dont remember seeing Gate of Infinity, etc).

Thoughts?

Duke
10-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Very interesting, though you might be right, I don't think there is any correlation... Remember that fantasy flight and games workshop don't really work on every detail together. What I mean to say is that just because ffg puts in additional powers it doesn't mean GW is going to do anything with them, and most likely they won't.

In other news, I ado am playing a librarian (blood angel) how are you liking it so far?

Duke

Ps moving the thread to the rpg forum...

BlackKnight15624
10-17-2010, 09:07 PM
I honestly think the reason there are psychic powers in the Deathwatch book and not in the DA codex is because there are only 3 in the codex, and 5-6 per chapter in the RPG (Oddly, JoTWW isn't in there for Space Wolves, hmmm....).

It could be that True Strike, Weaken Resolve, and Mask of Shadows will show up in the next codex, though- and i'd be interested in finding out how they'd work in 40k (except weaken resolve- that's been done before)