PDA

View Full Version : For SoB players

Pendragon38
10-15-2010, 08:55 AM
I recently bought a Repessor tank from FW for my army and the gamers who play SoB where upset and I understand. So I made rules for the said tank,so if I ways to play against SoB they would have SR fleet,no pain,and the rule for DA toward the fallen in 3rd & 4th Ed:cool: active CC and Opinions count so I can wash out the wrinkles

Daemonette666
12-17-2010, 06:25 PM
I recently bought a Repessor tank from FW for my army and the gamers who play SoB where upset and I understand. So I made rules for the said tank,so if I ways to play against SoB they would have SR fleet,no pain,and the rule for DA toward the fallen in 3rd & 4th Ed:cool: active CC and Opinions count so I can wash out the wrinkles
Hopefully GW will be bringing out a new codex in 2011. Also Forgeworld has a free downloadable PDF for Imperial Armour Vol 2 rule updates. I find I can play a decent game against most enemy armies, even the new super codex armies without adding USR for the sisters, as their faith points can give a unit a 3+ invul save and fearless. Using the Imagifer allows you to roll 3 dice and choose the 2 you want (similar to the eldar and their psychic dice rolls). If an opponent agrees, I sometimes add in forces from my Adeptus arbites army using the BOLS minidex. That way I get both an anti horde force and a force capable of handling enemy who use a lot of tanks and terminator armoured troops.

The repressor costs 50 points, has the same armour stats as a rhino. It can be used by both Sisters of Battle and both Inquisitorial storm troops and Adeptus Arbites, though sisters get some aditional upgrade options. Normally armed with stormbolter, pintle heavy flamer, dozer blade, searchlight and smoke launcher. Can take hunter killer (10) extra armour (15), sisters can also take blessed ammo, holy promethium, holy icon and loud hailer all 10 points ea. 6 models can fire from the repressors firing points, and i can fire from its top hatch. Being a mod of the rhino though it does not get the repair rule.

Rules for the Exorcist, Immolator and sisters rhino are also covered in the PDF.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
12-17-2010, 07:30 PM
The Repressor tank is a great buy, i own 3 so far and require another two. With there dozar blade they not only look great but come with versatile rules.
Im sure GW will instal them into the new codex when they come out.

Daemonette666
12-17-2010, 07:58 PM
The Repressor tank is a great buy, i own 3 so far and require another two. With there dozar blade they not only look great but come with versatile rules.
Im sure GW will instal them into the new codex when they come out.
I hope so. I have 3 for my sisters, and 2 for my Arbites. I am planning to make a Baneblade variant called the "Fortress of Faith" I think I sent you or someome else the basics profile for its datasheet. It should be a good build once I get another exorcist to mount the organ launcher on the back of the baneblade turret, and put a Forgeworld Melta cannon in the turret.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
12-18-2010, 05:58 AM
Thank you Daemonette666, that was me you sent, and yes its very viable to fit a excorsist launcher to the back of the Baneblade, it fits nicely and with a bit of fiddling the keyboard gunner fits too.

Your idea and Name is great, i love it.

Daemonette666
12-21-2010, 05:06 PM
You might be able to answer a question I suppose I should create a separate thread for. In either this webforum or wargamer.au, I had a discussion as to the use of Imagifers. The rules for Simulacrum Imperialis are:

"These holy symbols of the Ecclesiarchy were once carried by one of the Imperium’s many saints, or may even be wrought from their bones. The presence of the Simulacrum Imperialis allows a Faithful unit to roll one extra dice when making a Test of Faith and choose which two dice to use. This may be used once per player turn. "

The last line was the topic of the discussion. I said that the rules for every squad with an imagifer can use it once per player turn, while the other person said it was only one imagifer from the entire army could use the ability per player turn. The paragraph is written in in a ambiguous manner, so it can be interpreted both ways. What is the general consensus?