PDA

View Full Version : turboboosting and over 18inchs with unit

Evil
10-14-2010, 05:41 PM
so the rules for turbo boosting say the unit must end its movement over 18inchs away from where it started to claim teh cover save .

so you can move from 0 to 24 with the bikes right.

but what counts as the unit does ever model have to be 18 away from the start postion to count as unit being over 18 or can only some models have moved that distince.

say youstart in a center ofboard and turbo boost out into a line that covers a large area the center models have only move maybe a few inchs from the start point but somehave moved the full 24 away . does this unit count as being over 18 away from start point and get the save .

Gir
10-14-2010, 06:43 PM
I read the rule that entire unit must be more then 18" from the starting point. What you seem to be describing violates the spirit of the rule, as well as the fluff behind it.

DarkLink
10-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Right. All the models in the unit must have been displaced 18" at least from where they were last time to get a cover save. No claiming that they "just pulled some doughnuts" or something.

Mal
10-15-2010, 02:31 AM
When you turboboost you must travel in a stright line... so you cannot 'doughnut' even if you wanted to...

Even if you managed to eek out a movement of over 18" (it is possible without TB) you won't get the cover save, you only get the save if you use the TB USR and move in a stright line at least 18.1".

You can move ove 18" along your own deployment line, there is nothing wrong with this, it doesn't even break the spirit of the rules (worst excuse for someone to refuse you your movement... if anyone tries this on you crack them in the face with the rule book and find another opponent).

SeattleDV8
10-15-2010, 05:39 AM
When you turboboost you must travel in a stright line... so you cannot 'doughnut' even if you wanted to...

I think you are confused with Tank Shock/Ram, in which you must move in a straight line.
Turbo boosting does not have that line.

BuFFo
10-15-2010, 06:32 AM
I think you are confused with Tank Shock/Ram, in which you must move in a straight line.
Turbo boosting does not have that line.

If you move only 18" you have to move in a straight line, unless you are moving 18.1" - 24", only then can you waver a little here and there :)

Evil
10-15-2010, 08:23 AM
so every model in the unit must end up 18 inchs away from where the center of the unit was or where the model was before the move.

and saw only 60% of them manage that for what ever reason and you shoot them would it use normal rules for cover or if even one model cant make the 18 away mark do no cover saves apply

DarkLink
10-15-2010, 08:55 AM
I think he was referring to last edition where you did have to move in a straight line when turbo-boosting.

Now, however, you can snake around all you want. You just won't get a cover save unless you end up 18" or more away from your original position.

Gir
10-17-2010, 06:07 AM
so every model in the unit must end up 18 inchs away from where the center of the unit was or where the model was before the move.

and saw only 60% of them manage that for what ever reason and you shoot them would it use normal rules for cover or if even one model cant make the 18 away mark do no cover saves apply

I think it's better to look at it that ever bike must end it's move 18" away from where it started.

Mal
10-17-2010, 09:09 AM
Either way... you only get a cover save for turboboosting... if you turbo boost...

There are ways to have moved more then 18" from where you started without turboboosting, but this will not give you a cover save.