PDA

View Full Version : Tyranids 1500 points for the tournament

Spellscape
08-21-2009, 02:40 PM
Hi

Please rate my list for the tournament, and what is best to add/remove?

1500 Tyranids

HQ
Tyrant Enhanced Senses Toxin Sacs TL Devourer TL Devourer Extended Carapace Guard 191

Fyrant Enhanced Senses Toxin Sacs Winged TL Devourer TL Devourer Warp Field 208

Troops
Spine Gaunts #1, 8 Spinefist Without Numbers 64
Spine Gaunts #2, 8 Spinefist Without Numbers 64
Genestealers #1, 8 Feeder Tendrils Scything Talons Scuttlers 192

Elites
Warriors, 3 Toxin Sacs Toxin Sacs Toxin Sacs TL Deathspiter TL Deathspiter Barbed Strangler Scything Talons Enhanced Senses Enhanced Senses Enhanced Senses 116
DakaFex, 1 Enhanced Senses TL Devourer TL Devourer Flesh Hooks 114
DakaFex, 1 Enhanced Senses TL Devourer TL Devourer Flesh Hooks 114

Heavy Support
Snipefex, 1 Enhanced Senses Venom Cannon Barbed Strangler Flesh Hooks 149
VenDevFex, 1 Enhanced Senses Venom Cannon TL Devourer Flesh Hooks 139
Snipefex, 1 Enhanced Senses Barbed Strangler Venom Cannon Flesh Hooks 149

Points Summary:
HQ: 399
Troops: 320
Elites: 344
Fast Attack: 0
Heavy Support: 437
Total: 1500

Spellscape
08-22-2009, 03:29 AM
New Version

HQ
Tyrant Enhanced Senses Toxin Sacs TL Devorer TL Devorer Warp Field Guard Guard with Lash Whip 246
Fyrant Enhanced Senses Toxin Sacs Winged TL Devorer TL Devorer Warp Field 196

Troops
Spine Gaints, 8 Spinefist Without Numbers 64
Genestealers #1, 6 Feeder Tendrils Scuttlers 120

Elites
BoomFex, 1 Scything Talons Barbed Strangler 113
DakaFex, 1 Enhanced Senses TL Devorer TL Devorer 113

Heavy Support
Snipefex, 1 Enhanced Senses Venom Cannon Barbed Strangler 148
Zoanthropes, 3 WarpBlast WarpBlast WarpBlast Synapse 175
Snipefex, 1 Enhanced Senses Barbed Strangler Venom Cannon 148

Points Summary:
HQ: 442
Troops: 248
Elites: 339
Heavy Support: 471

Chumbalaya
08-22-2009, 07:15 AM
Bit light on the Troops, even if they are WON.

I'd pick up more Stealers but don't bother with Scuttlers, just hide behind your MC wall and protect them. You could probably lose a unit of WON gaunts and a Zoanthrope.

Shadow in the Warp would be great for your walkrant.

Spellscape
08-22-2009, 07:20 AM
TNX
Is Shadow in the Warp good against CSM and Eldars?

Chumbalaya
08-22-2009, 08:46 AM
It shuts down psykers of all types, which is always handy for so cheap.

Spellscape
08-22-2009, 09:28 AM
3rd version

HQ
Tyrant Enhanced Senses Toxin Sacs TL Devorer TL Devorer Shadow In the Warp Guard Guard with Lash Whip Toxic Miasma 227
Fyrant Enhanced Senses Toxin Sacs Winged TL Devorer TL Devorer Warp Field 196

Troops
Spine Gaints #2, 8 Spinefist Without Numbers 64
Genestealers #1, 6 Feeder Tendrils Scuttlers 120
Spine Gaunts #3, 8 Spinefist Without Numbers 64

Elites
BoomFex, 1 Scything Talons Barbed Strangler 113

Heavy Support
Snipefex, 1 Enhanced Senses Venom Cannon Barbed Strangler 148
Zoanthropes, 2 WarpBlast WarpBlast Synapse Synapse 130
Snipefex, 1 Enhanced Senses Barbed Strangler Venom Cannon 148

Points Summary:
HQ: 423
Troops: 312
Elites: 339
Heavy Support: 426

Spellscape
08-26-2009, 09:34 AM
My Teammate will be IG so here is my new army list V4
Maybe I should use Shadow in the warp for anti Lash
1500 Pts - Tyranids Roster

HQ: Hive Tyrant (2#, 191 pts)
1 Hive Tyrant @ 191 pts (Extended Carapace +1 Save; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Twin-linked Devourer x2; Psychic Scream; Synapse Creature; The Horror)
1 Tyrant Guard (Lash Whips; Rending Claws)

HQ: Hive Tyrant (1#, 196 pts)
1 Hive Tyrant @ 196 pts (Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Winged; Twin-linked Devourer x2; Synapse Creature; The Horror; Warp Field)

Elite: Carnifex (1#, 114 pts)
1 Carnifex @ 114 pts (Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Flesh Hooks; Twin-linked Devourer x2)

1 Carnifex @ 114 pts (Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Flesh Hooks; Twin-linked Devourer x2)

1 Carnifex @ 114 pts (Flesh Hooks; Scything Talons x1; Barbed Strangler)

Troops: Genestealers (7#, 140 pts)
7 Genestealers @ 140 pts (Feeder Tendrils; Scuttlers; Rending Claws)

7 Genestealers @ 140 pts (Feeder Tendrils; Scuttlers; Rending Claws)

Heavy Support: Carnifex (1#, 148 pts)
1 Carnifex @ 148 pts (Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Barbed Strangler; Venom Cannon)

1 Carnifex @ 148 pts (Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Barbed Strangler; Venom Cannon)

Heavy Support: Zoanthrope (3#, 195 pts)
1 Zoanthrope @ 195 pts (Toxic Miasma; Synapse Creature; Warp Blast; Warp Field)
1 Zoanthrope (Toxic Miasma; Psychic Scream; Warp Blast; Warp Field)
1 Zoanthrope (Toxic Miasma; Psychic Scream; Warp Blast; Warp Field)

Total Roster Cost: 1500

mkerr
08-26-2009, 10:42 AM
@Spellscape: If your teammate is IG, then psychic scream would be a nice addition. A gunline guard army (particularly one with pinning weapons) would be an awesome combination. It might help if you post his list (and options) as well.

1. I'm not sure if I'd bother with the Flyrant (I use one myself and have tons of fun with it). With 3,000pts of enemy on the board, you might be better off with another walking TLD Tyrant.

2. If you aren't taking WON gaunts, then you really don't need the Zoanthropes. Your IG ally should be able to deal with tanks. I'd spend all those points on more Genestealer units (especially if you can benefit from his bonus to reserve rolls).

Honestly, I don't even think you need the Heavy Support Carnifexes (I'd use those points on more Tyrant Guard and Genestealers). The idea is that you have 5 TMCs with TLDs moving forward under the support of IG direct fire (dishing out a hefty penalty to those pinning tests). Your 3+ units of Genestealers outflank and tear up just about anything in the backfield (especially if they can re-roll the side they come in on).

Sounds pretty nasty to me.

--mkerr

Spellscape
08-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Thank you
I have 4 Tyrants - 2 of them flying (DAKA and CC) and 2 walking (DAKA and Venom Cannon +Barbed Strangler) so I can take 2nd but only Venom Cannon +Barbed Strangler (I just don't have time to paint new one) Is this Tyrant version better than flying?

My teammate is a little light on Leman Russes he has Valkyrie and many chimeras. I'll post his list later. We also would like to take Inqusitor with Psychic Hood and Excruciators and also we considering Calidus Assassin.

mkerr
08-26-2009, 12:47 PM
The strength of the IG + Tyranid combo is that the armies counter the other's weakness. If I could have tons if long-range, high-strength, low-AP shooting with Genestealers and TMCs, I'd be in heaven.

The cheap Chimeras are a great deal, but you really don't need them with a Tyranid teammate. I'd encourage him to bring as much indirect fire (especially ordnance) that he can get his hands on. Pinning tests (Ratlings, Indirect fire, etc.) combined with Psyker Battle Squads and Psychic Scream would be nasty. It would keep most opponents pinned until they become Genestealer meat.

-- mkerr

Spellscape
08-26-2009, 01:08 PM
He played Infantry list in previous edition so I really don't now what he has right now - we will talk and I'll post his list
but we'll consider your ideas

What about Tyrant with VC+BS walking - is it worth to switch it with TLDEV Flyrant?

mkerr
08-26-2009, 02:05 PM
What about Tyrant with VC+BS walking - is it worth to switch it with TLDEV Flyrant?

It really depends on what he is bringing to the table, but I'd go with the walking tyrant with guard over the flying tyrant without.

-- mkerr

Dwarflord17404
08-27-2009, 06:57 AM
Bascially if your teammate is guard. you have the old genestealer cult theme which is awesome. I agree with what has been said. I would go one step further and run a brood lord and retinue and as many steelers as i could find.

mkerr
08-27-2009, 09:11 AM
Bascially if your teammate is guard. you have the old genestealer cult theme which is awesome. I agree with what has been said. I would go one step further and run a brood lord and retinue and as many steelers as i could find.

Shooty IG + Genestealers is just a terrifying concept.

-- mkerr

Spellscape
08-30-2009, 02:35 AM
removed for new list

Spellscape
08-31-2009, 02:45 AM
or this version of the IG
Is it legal?
H1500 Pts - 5th Edition Roster

HQ: Inquisitor Lord (4#, 90 pts)
. . 1 Inquisitor Lord [WH] @ 90 pts (Excruciators; Psychic Hood)
. . . . 1 Excruciators [WH]
. . . . 1 Acolyte [WH] (Close Combat Weapon x1; Laspistol x1)
. . . . 1 Familiar [WH] (Close Combat Weapon)
. . . . 1 Familiar [WH] (Close Combat Weapon)

HQ: Company Command Squad (7#, 190 pts)
. . 4 Company Command Squad @ 190 pts (Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x4; Meltagun x4; Officer of the Fleet; Chimera)
. . . . 1 Company Commander (Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Refractor Field; Laspistol; Close Combat Weapon; Senior Officer)
. . . . 1 Officer of the Fleet (Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon; Laspistol; Intercept Reserves)
. . . . 1 Chimera (Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Turret Multi-Laser; Heavy Flamer; Extra Armor)

Elite: Assassin Operative (1#, 120 pts)
. . 1 Assassin Operative [WH] @ 120 pts (Callidus Assassin; C'tan Phase Sword; Neural Shredder; Poison Blades; Polymorphine; A Word in Your Ear; Jump Back)

Fast Attack: Valkyrie Assault Carrier Squadron (1#, 100 pts)
. . 1 Valkyrie Assault Carrier Squadron @ 100 pts
. . . . 1 Valkyrie (Extra Armor; Searchlight; Multilaser; Hellstrike Missiles x2)

Fast Attack: Scout Sentinel Squadron (1#, 50 pts)
. . 1 Scout Sentinel Squadron @ 50 pts
. . . . 1 Scout Sentinel (Autocannon; Hunter Killer Missile; Move Through Cover; Scouts)

Troops: Veteran Squad (11#, 155 pts)
. . 9 Veteran Squad @ 155 pts (Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x9; Lasgun x6; Meltagun x3; Chimera)
. . . . 1 Veteran Sergeant (Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Laspistol; Close Combat Weapon)
. . . . 1 Chimera (Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Turret Multi-Laser; Heavy Flamer)

Troops: Veteran Squad (11#, 170 pts)
. . 9 Veteran Squad @ 170 pts (Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x9; Lasgun x6; Meltagun x3; Chimera)
. . . . 1 Veteran Sergeant (Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Laspistol; Close Combat Weapon)
. . . . 1 Chimera (Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Turret Multi-Laser; Heavy Flamer; Extra Armor)

Heavy Support: Leman Russ Squadron (1#, 170 pts)
. . 1 Leman Russ Squadron @ 170 pts (Leman Russ Battle Tank)
. . . . 1 Leman Russ Battle Tank (Battle Cannon; Heavy Bolter; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Heavy Bolter Sponsons x2)

Heavy Support: Leman Russ Squadron (1#, 235 pts)
. . 1 Leman Russ Squadron @ 235 pts (Leman Russ Exterminator)
. . . . 1 Leman Russ Exterminator (Exterminator Autocannon; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Lascannon; Heavy Bolter Sponsons x2; Knight Commander Pask)
. . . . . . 1 Knight Commander Pask

Heavy Support: Leman Russ Squadron (1#, 220 pts)
. . 1 Leman Russ Squadron @ 220 pts (Leman Russ Demolisher)
. . . . 1 Leman Russ Demolisher (Demolisher Siege Cannon; Heavy Bolter; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Plasma Cannon Sponsons x2; Extra Armor)

Spellscape
08-31-2009, 02:41 PM
And now my list
1500 Pts - Tyranids Roster

HQ: Broodlord (7#, 231 pts)
. . 1 Broodlord @ 231 pts (Extended Carapace +1 Save; Flesh Hooks; Implant Attack; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Rending Claws; Scything Talons; Synapse Creature)
. . . . 6 Genestealers (Extended Carapace +1 Save; Feeder Tendrils; Rending Claws)

HQ: Hive Tyrant (1#, 207 pts)
. . 1 Hive Tyrant @ 207 pts (Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Flesh Hooks; Toxic Miasma; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Winged; Scything Talons x2; Synapse Creature; The Horror; Warp Field)

. . 1 Carnifex @ 114 pts (Flesh Hooks; Scything Talons x1; Barbed Strangler)

Elite: Carnifex (1#, 113 pts)
. . 1 Carnifex @ 113 pts (Scything Talons x1; Barbed Strangler)

. . 1 Carnifex @ 148 pts (Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Barbed Strangler; Venom Cannon)

. . 1 Carnifex @ 148 pts (Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Barbed Strangler; Venom Cannon)

Troops: Genestealers (7#, 133 pts)
. . 7 Genestealers @ 133 pts (Scuttlers; Rending Claws)

. . 7 Genestealers @ 140 pts (Feeder Tendrils; Scuttlers; Rending Claws)

Nidnub
09-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Your list looks pretty nasty, The only changes i'd make is to put Feeder Tendrils on the Broodlord not the Stealers, then the stealers can take Flesh Hooks instead. Also if you can spare the points I'd put Feeder Tendrils on all the units of stealers, but looking at the list your pretty tight so it's hard to say where to compromise

Tsear
09-02-2009, 10:14 AM
It's a cool idea. With you holding all troops in reserve and your opponent being mech, you give anti-infantry weapons nothing to shoot at and the Tyranids weakness against mech is covered by your teammate. I like it.

Spellscape
09-24-2009, 04:29 PM
Thank you all people
I've placed 4th place out of 12
Also won Best Army

My buddy fell ill so I've played 1500x2 Nids
This was really fun
http://spellscape.blogspot.com/2009/09/exodus-tournament.html