PDA

View Full Version : Hellfire rounds...

Beta_Ray_Bill
10-13-2010, 04:36 PM
"...May only be taken in a boltgun", but can they be taken and applied to a biker captain's twin linked bolters? I don't see anything saying they can't be applied this way, i'm just curious if this would be a cheap exploit or if I'd have to swap out for another bolter to get the rounds, which would be a bit of a point sink IMO. Any help would be appreciated!

Old_Paladin
10-13-2010, 04:43 PM
They can be used in a boltgun, used in the bolter part of a combi-weapon and fed into a master-crafted boltgun;
I see no reason why they shouldn't also work in a twin-linked boltgun (it's really not a huge advantage anyway).

Tynskel
10-13-2010, 05:07 PM
twin-linked boltguns are still boltguns. :)

It is the Stormbolter and Bolt Pistol that are not boltguns (dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb!)

I really wish the Special Issue ammo worked in Storm Bolters--- it already says they replace the profile of the weapon. It would be nice to be able to fire the 'storm bolter ammo', then charge. Next turn fire Hellfire, ect.

Beta_Ray_Bill
10-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Well thanks (presumably) fellas! I just wanted to make sure, it's only a small cost on its own, but twin linked shots that wounds on a 2+ seem really nice! I'm preparing for a 40k in 40 mins or a 500 pt game tonight or tomorrow, and I know he's bringin termies...

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't stepping over any lines. Thanks!

DarkLink
10-13-2010, 05:44 PM
I really wish the Special Issue ammo worked in Storm Bolters--- it already says they replace the profile of the weapon. It would be nice to be able to fire the 'storm bolter ammo', then charge. Next turn fire Hellfire, ect.

I know. The Sternguard SBolter upgrade makes no sense. I could see exchanging the special ammo for a Storm Bolter, but paying points to lose the Sterngaurd's best ability? WTF?

Tynskel
10-14-2010, 07:02 AM
I know. The Sternguard SBolter upgrade makes no sense. I could see exchanging the special ammo for a Storm Bolter, but paying points to lose the Sterngaurd's best ability? WTF?

What drives me more nuts is that they didn't even attempt to address this with the Blood Angels and their Sternguard.

:(