PDA

View Full Version : Question About Latest Spacecurves Tank Shock Article

Rapture
10-12-2010, 10:25 AM
The idea of manipulating your opponent's troops position through tank shock seems like a smart, but I am relatively unfamiliar with the exact rules for it.

Why wouldn't the opponent just move his models one of his models an equal distance in front of the rhino as opposed to the side in order to avoid the assault? It seems like the distances could be about equal, but maybe I am misjudging it because the photos are at different distances.

The picture is what the author described. The red lines are what I would actually expect most people to do.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb444/Cory_Stephenson/XY/rhino_pushing_guardsmen3.jpg

Once you move the first model into coherency in front of the tank, then the others would also have to move in front of the tank to maintain their coherency regardless of the distance.

Like I said, I am pretty fuzzy as to the exact rules of tank shocking, so help me out.

BuFFo
10-12-2010, 10:52 AM
You have to move the models out of the way by the shortest route possible. This isn't a choice.

As the tank moves, you move the models out of the way one at a time. You cannot push models with the tank in this manner. You can only ever move the models to teh left or right of a vehicle unless the vehicle only pushes like an inch into the squad, then and only then can the models just be pushed back a bit.

The article is 100% correct in it's illustration and what it does.

Rapture
10-12-2010, 10:56 AM
You have to move the models out of the way by the shortest route possible. This isn't a choice.

The article is 100% correct in it's illustration and what it does.

Don't get offended. I am not challenging the article that you didn't even write. Just asking for a clarification.

As the tank moves, you move the models out of the way one at a time.

That is the answer to my question. Thank you.

10-12-2010, 11:02 AM
I don't believe Buffo was offended, just describing the rules in a truly matter-of-fact manner. :)