PDA

View Full Version : whats the weapon skill?

Admiral Kenaris
10-08-2010, 01:00 AM
Here is the RAW: "A few units in 40k contain models with different WS values. Attacks afainst such units are resolved using the WS of the majority of the engaged models. If there is no majority WS, use the highest WS of the models engaged."

example: An Imperial Guard company command squad with Col. Ironhand Straken, Color SGT Jarran Kell and two Bodyguards. Straken has WS 5, Kell and the 2 Bodyguards have WS 4 and the remaining 3 veterans are WS 3. That makes one model with WS 5, three with WS 4 and three with WS 3. There is no majority WS so what is the WS of the unit when being attacked in close combat? Is it WS 5 because that is the highest or is the fact WS 4 is tied for the plurality with WS 3 then it is WS 4.

thanx in advance for any replies
Admiral Kenaris

Sir Biscuit
10-08-2010, 01:02 AM
Funnily enough, by RAW, it's WS5. It's one of those weird situations that doesn't come up much, but there it is.

N0rdicNinja
10-08-2010, 08:59 AM
Actually yah... I think you're correct, in this specific situation RAW would dictate WS5.

keithsilva
10-08-2010, 09:08 AM
I could be wrong on this but I think you get to pick what the majority is when in combat.

DarkLink
10-08-2010, 12:25 PM
No, it says "if no majority exists, then use the highest WS". Since no majority exists in that particular setup, you always use the highest WS of 5, even though only one guy actually has it.

Tynskel
10-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Here is the RAW: "A few units in 40k contain models with different WS values. Attacks afainst such units are resolved using the WS of the majority of the engaged models. If there is no majority WS, use the highest WS of the models engaged."

example: An Imperial Guard company command squad with Col. Ironhand Straken, Color SGT Jarran Kell and two Bodyguards. Straken has WS 5, Kell and the 2 Bodyguards have WS 4 and the remaining 3 veterans are WS 3. That makes one model with WS 5, three with WS 4 and three with WS 3. There is no majority WS so what is the WS of the unit when being attacked in close combat? Is it WS 5 because that is the highest or is the fact WS 4 is tied for the plurality with WS 3 then it is WS 4.

thanx in advance for any replies
Admiral Kenaris

See, That's how Bad *** Ironhand Straken is---- he'll fight for everyone!