PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine Bikers: shooting options.. Shoot TL Bolters AND/OR Melta

s00nertp
10-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Recently while watching a game with a more experienced player, they played bikers using "Option1" below. Since I play Ravenwing and usually play "Option2", this was an incredible bonus that I wasnt aware of and would make a big difference for my squads.

Option1:
A 3 man space Marine biker squad can use their TL bolter to shoot AND their additional weapons such as Melta/Flamer. So 2 meltas + sergent biker at 12" would shoot:
2x3= 6 rapid fire TL bolter shots
2x1= 2 MultiMelta shots

Option2:
A 3 man space Marine biker squad can use their TL bolter to shoot OR their additional weapons such as Melta/Flamer. So 2 meltas + sergent biker at 12" would shoot:
2x3= 6 rapid fire TL bolter shots
OR
2x1= 2 rapid fire TL bolter shots
2x1= 2 MultiMelta shots
OR
(some combination of the two, like 1 MM and 2 TL bolters)

If anyone can shed some light on this, it would be great. I did a bunch of internet searching, and I guess this is a "basic" rule because I couldnt find anything very helpful on the topic.

If you can provide any page references, it would be appreciated.
Thanks for the help,
s00nertp

For the our Primarch, the LION!

DarkLink
10-07-2010, 09:35 PM
It's actually option 3 that is correct.

BRB pg 15: "Normally each model may fire a single weapon. Some models, including vehicles, may be able to fire more than one weapon, as detailed later."

Thus, by default, a model may only fire a single weapon unless it has a special rule that allows it to. Vehicles can shoot everything potentially. Monstrous Creatures can shoot two weapons.

And, importantly, bikes may; "Fire one weapon for each model on the bike. Thus a Space Marine Attack Bike with a driver and passenger in sidecar can fire two weapons." BRB pg 53

So, an Attack Bike may fire both. But all other bikes may only fire one weapon. So neither option 1 nor 2 is 100% correct.

s00nertp
10-07-2010, 09:46 PM
DarkLink: Thanks for the clarification.

Sounds like I've been playing it correctly with Option2 EXCEPT for Attack Bikes as you noted since each person is ultimately shooting one weapon still.

chromedog
10-07-2010, 09:47 PM
^What he said.

Regular bikers can fire one weapon from their choices each.
Attack bikes can fire one weapon per passenger (so people modelling single rider counts-as attack bikes are denying themselves a shot).

chadnezzar38
12-05-2010, 08:16 PM
I noticed in the new SM codex that TL bolters is not on the "wargear" listing-------does that mean they aren't available now?

Connjurus
12-05-2010, 09:04 PM
I noticed in the new SM codex that TL bolters is not on the "wargear" listing-------does that mean they aren't available now?

Built in to the bike.

Tynskel
12-05-2010, 09:13 PM

It is listed under Space marine bike, p. 100.

chadnezzar38
12-05-2010, 11:06 PM
THANK YOU Tynskel. Should probably put more time into reading my own rules aye?