10-05-2010, 09:33 AM
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=13200009a

Loving the Mandrakes!
Urien Rakarth Looks awesome.
Helions are nice.
Ravager is fine.

Bigred
10-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Agreed on Urien, very creepy! I approve.

Mandrakes look awesome as well.

Green Goblins have always been a hard sell for me and the Raider/Ravager is growing on me...slowly.

N0rdicNinja
10-05-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm so glad they decided to completely revamp Mandrakes! XD

DrLove42
10-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Not sure on the mandrakes...top half hell yes, bottom half looks...off.

Rest look good, although the hellions will need awesome rules for me to want some...

darthrex354
10-05-2010, 10:34 AM
so the mandrakes are definitely metal? cause the detail on the one in the picture looks more like plastic level
to me

energongoodie
10-05-2010, 10:40 AM
so the mandrakes are definitely metal? cause the detail on the one in the picture looks more like plastic level
to me

They look metal to me.

Hexx
10-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Loveing the Mandrakes only thing I am not sure about is the Helios just not my thing :/...But bring on the dark eldar I say :D

MarneusCalgar
10-05-2010, 11:03 AM
WOW!!!

So amazing!!

And only in a 2 weeks period??

Gosh, hope they do the Thunderwolves soon too

BuFFo
10-05-2010, 11:45 AM
I just evacuated myself all over myself...

isotope99
10-05-2010, 11:51 AM
So what does anyone think about the models that have gone from the site (scourges, warp beasts etc.) but haven't yet been announced as new releases?

a) We're getting even more models than we thought
b) They're staying in the codex but were just too fugly to be next to the new ones
c) They're sort of staying but the old models won't fit anymore (like these monster sized grotesques that have been floating round as rumours)
d) They're going from the codex too

I wasn't planning to buy any of the old ones (except the old lelith to lead my wych squad, which I snagged just in time) so I'm not too bothered. My money's on option b.

Gotthammer
10-05-2010, 12:19 PM
B with A down the track like Guard, or maybe Forge World.

Fortunately for me it's not units I'm intrested in personally, but I do hope they're not cut completely.

Archon
10-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Not sure on the mandrakes...top half hell yes, bottom half looks...off.

Rest look good, although the hellions will need awesome rules for me to want some...

I agree! The look like Drizzt wears a skirt:eek:

Ravager: Is what i have suspected

Helions: The Female Pilot looks ... A bit off, but it looks like a nice kit, very convertable

Urien: Nice n freaky ... but why heŽs hoovering over some worms?

Asymmetrical Xeno
10-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Urien is embodies everything I love and want in Dark Eldar. I didnt expect any Haemonculi stuff, so that one really was a nice surprise for me, I knew about everything else. It's nice to see GW make a model that is actually WEIRD and interesting for once too, iv said too often they make stuff too conventional and normal looking so yeah.. im dead happy! I cant wait for whenever the remaining haemonculi stuff hits... ill definitly be doing the DE army of my dreams then. Just hope they get their own troops choice.

Mandrakes are just like the concept sketch and art and I loved that so I dig the models. Nice japanese horror feel to them I think.

Not sold on the Hellions yet, I am going to reserve judgement until I see more/better pics. I think it might be the angle or the hard high-lights but something doesnt sit well for me from that one pic.

eldargal
10-06-2010, 12:33 AM
I love the new Hellion. Nothing says 'mind-bending terror' more than an angry young woman on a jet powered assemblage of blade holding two more blades.
The mandrakes a nice, I like the sculpted on flamey whatsit.
Ravager is much as expected, a raider with higher pewpew capacity.
Urien Rakarth is suitably icky, where are those tentacle things he is standing on coming from?

JonnyRoxtar
10-06-2010, 03:46 AM
I like the hellion head although the body looks a bit bulky. that with that head i think makes it look a bit weird. I think the head would look pretty sweet on a wych. Well see soon enough when everyone starts building and posting pictures I hope.

Urien..... yeah its well sculpted and I`ll probably get it but I think I`ll still be using the old one as a haemonculus somewhere too.

The mandrakes will be getting wych legs in my army then they`ll be fine for me. I dont like the MC Hammer pants. Thats a minor thing though and easily fixed.

Im really excited to see what everyone will be doing with their new shiny armies, so there better be pics come November.

energongoodie
10-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Has anyone seen/heard how much the Mandrakes are going to be?

Gotthammer
10-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Hellions are in plastic, from today's What's New (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=13300004a&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheGamesWorkshopBlogEN+%28Wha t%27s+New+Today+%40+Games+Workshop%29&utm_content=Google+Reader).

"Rather than a variant of Wych, the Hellions emerged as their own faction, an anarchic gang culture of outcasts ruled by a shadowy master."

Mal
10-06-2010, 10:29 AM
The new hellions do look nice... I just wonder if they will be as craptastic as before.

energongoodie
10-06-2010, 10:48 AM
I much prefer this new Helion to the first. The ball joint base is a great idea and I think a unit will look great on the table.
Does anyone know if the bikes and the helions will always be competing for the fast attack slots or are there options to make one a troops choice if you take x,y or z?

Mal
10-06-2010, 11:39 AM
I wonder how long it'll be until someone converts one into a green goblin....

Gotthammer
10-06-2010, 11:57 AM
I expect to see them around the 8th of November.

Archon
10-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Does anyone know if the bikes and the helions will always be competing for the fast attack slots or are there options to make one a troops choice if you take x,y or z?

A least the Hellions may have TL-Weapons on their board. If it is the splinter pod with 18" Assault 3 Poison, this will be a nice amount of firepower. WeŽll see if they can get special weapons too.

Fast Attack choices so far:

Reavers - Hellions - Scourges

eldargal
10-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Webway Portal:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=98258&d=1286462293
Its nice, if pre-painted, if not, whiskey tango foxtrot?! Around five pounds, limited edition. Edit: It is pre-painted

DrLove42
10-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Um...isn't that just the Vortex grenade template, but bluer?

eldargal
10-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Re-painted with hazy Commoragh view, yes. Its alright, not as special as I had hoped. Though I'be got some ideas how to make a nicer terrain piece out of it, it may be a tad evil of me to buy three or four.

Mal
10-07-2010, 09:34 AM
I think i'd rather go out and buy an old 28mm stargate...

w7west
10-07-2010, 09:39 AM
My current webway portal is actually sculpt of the town portals from diablo II. Donno if you guys have ever seen them but I have been a hardcore d2 player for longer than I care to mention so I had to pick them up

JonnyRoxtar
10-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Im a bit underwhelmed at the wwp. Still who cares the army is suhweeeeet!

Quaade
10-07-2010, 02:39 PM
They should had made some paintokens instead, now I need to find a way to make something that won't be too difficult to move around and transport, yet at the same time to obvious you can't forget about them when you move your models.

Drew da Destroya
10-07-2010, 02:46 PM
They should had made some paintokens instead, now I need to find a way to make something that won't be too difficult to move around and transport, yet at the same time to obvious you can't forget about them when you move your models.

How about some cheap glass beads? Or just plastic beads?

Or those Skull tokens from the 40k counters set?

Or elaborately converted "trophies" made from the remnants of your opponent's armies? A crucified guardsman, impaled Marine, chained up Genestealer... At least it'd have the "obvious" factor down. Plus they'd look cool!

Mal
10-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Or get some of the clix bases with the counters built into them and build the wounded/killed enemy trophy onto that so you only need 1 token per unit and just change the number to show how many tokens they actually have..

GrenAcid
10-08-2010, 12:27 PM

How about teeth taken from your defeted oponents?.....sound DE to me.

Mal
10-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Actualy thats sort of orky... mabey finger bones for DE.