PDA

View Full Version : New Craftworld Eldar Jetbikes (not soon)

eldargal
10-05-2010, 01:45 AM
Well, we now have confirmation that there will be new Craftworld Eldar jetbikes at some point in the future:

The Reavers are perhaps the best example of the similarities and differences between Craftworld and Dark Eldar design. The Craftworld jetbike design was looking dated and had been earmarked for a future remake, so it made sense to work on the designs simultaneously. Although the basic layout of the chassis, the carapace, the rider position, the fins and the weapon pod would stay constant, the styling had to reflect the divergence of the two factions from a common root. A common chassis with maquette rider was produced as the first stage.
From todays Whats New (Oct 04) on the GW website. Its nothing we couldn't guess from seeing the plastic Reavers, but still nothing beats having someone from GW come out and say it.

Crevab
10-05-2010, 02:45 AM
...Don't we have pictures of the new Jetbike from back when Orks were announced? I heard it got tabled.
Did they scrap it too?

Mal
10-05-2010, 03:11 AM
In other words they are going to do what everyone knew they would do... same base on the bike, different rider and different nose.... Aside from the vehicles they seem to want to bring eldar and their dark kin closer together.

Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that we are now in the end times, i.e. M42.

Kieranator K82
10-05-2010, 03:42 AM
Somewhat off topic but whatever:
In the same WNT post (October 4), mention of new Hellion boards is made. Rejoice, sons, daughters and slaves of Commoragh, for your space surfboards are here!

Monkey Tom
10-06-2010, 04:44 AM
I spoke to Jes Goodwin about the craftworld jetbike at both last years Gameday and this years.

He said that the concept model we saw a few years ago was approved for production but they were waiting for a time when it would make sense to release it. I would have thought that the spearhead Eldar releases would have been a perfect time to release this stunning model but then it would have spoilt part of the surprise they had in mind for unveiling the new Dark Eldar jetbike.

He went on to say that when it came to designing the new Dark Eldar they started of with a basic Eldar image then had two styles branching off of that. One was a nice, sleek, clean style for the Craftworld Eldar and the other was the cruel, slightly angular and more harsh style of the Dark Eldar.

heartbitt
10-06-2010, 03:24 PM
He said that the concept model we saw a few years ago was approved for production but they were waiting for a time when it would make sense to release it.

Eldars are not in the making, and not to be released (minis or rules) in 2011 neither. Perhaps in 2012?
A few moths ago, when I talk to the Studio people, right now, they confirm me, there's about 2 years arch from design to release minis and vehicles.