PDA

View Full Version : IG Platoon or company command vox

WereWolf_nr
10-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Does the command squad get a re-roll if it tries to issue an order to itself because of the vox (assuming it has one)?

Sam
10-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Technically, yes. The squad issuing the order and the squad receiving the order both have a vox caster, they just happen to be the same squad in this case.

Mal
10-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Heh another case of non-existant play testing on GW's part... gotta love em.

Tynskel
10-04-2010, 03:21 PM
what are you talking about? Could very well represent receiving an order from High Command.

Sam
10-04-2010, 09:06 PM
what are you talking about? Could very well represent receiving an order from High Command.

I like that explanation. :D

Mal
10-05-2010, 03:05 AM
If you look at fluff over rules, sure... but if you look at just rules... its just plain stupid, which is exactly what I have come to expect from GW over the years.

Tynskel
10-05-2010, 06:55 AM
I am sorry, dude, that you feel that way--- but the entire 40k ruleset is written with rules/fluff intertwined-- there are moments that are difficult to separate the two.

It isn't like other games that are purely mechanics driven. They are not bad rules, I personally believe they are the best-- and that has to do with in my head that the rules have functionality in the universe, rather than just boring mechanics, disconnected from the 'reality' of 40k.

This is a rules system that encourages people to explore and shape the game to how they want to play, build, and paint.