PDA

View Full Version : DA Sammael question?

Scinister
10-03-2010, 01:28 AM
Hi there new player here. Building my first Army and decided to go Dark Angels for there background fluff. Anyway on to my Sammael question.

When playing Sammael on his jetbike, is he subject to the gets hot rule for the Plasma Cannon mounted to the bike or is it considered mounted on a vehicle with extra cooling systems in place there by ignoring the normal gets hot rule?

Thanks for any help!

Mal
10-03-2010, 01:51 AM
Yes he is subject to gets hot, a bike is not considered a vehicles in 40K.

I believe this is in the cirrent DA FAQ.

Scinister
10-03-2010, 03:31 AM
Ok thanks, Im very new to 40K so i was looking for confirmation

Limey El'Jonson
10-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Yes he is subject to gets hot, a bike is not considered a vehicles in 40K.

I believe this is in the cirrent DA FAQ.

No, it's not in the FAQ or errata. (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1810079_DarkAngels_Oct_2008_5th_Edition_FAQ.pdf)

But you're right about the jetbike thing. When you fire the cannon, roll for gets hot. Don't roll 1s!

Mal
10-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Ok I thought they had covered that... must have been in an older FAQ then, but either way the rule stands, jetbike =/= vehicle (i.e. no AV value) so no using vehicle rules for it.

chromedog
10-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Jetbikes haven't been vehicles since at least RT (they might have been in 2nd ed but I played it for about 6 months at the beginning).

Jetbikes are not vehicles. Roll for gets hot and take a save if you roll that '1'.

The only time I came up against Sammael, the player rolled to hit three times with his cannon - and rolled 3 '1's, followed by three more. Hoist on his own petard.