PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into warmachine

feydruatha
09-29-2010, 12:56 PM
well me and a friend of mine are getting back into Warmachine now that the Plastic battle forces have been released.

I am going to be playing Menoth and I’m looking for advice on my first 15pt lists I am thinking about. I know my friend is going to be playing a Goreshade the ******* list.

i'm just looking at something that will be a fun game before we expand further.

Hierarch Severus
Crusader
Crusader
Blessing of Vengeance
Repenter

Hierarch Severus
Crusader
Blessing of Vengeance
Repenter
Choir of Menoth
Reclaimer

GentleBen
09-29-2010, 02:30 PM
The Hierarch may be a bad choice at 15 point games. Since there's a good chance your enemy won't bring any infantry, his feat may be useless along with 2 of his spells. On the plus side, Creator's wrath turns him into quite the killing machine, and if your warcaster can dish out some damage along with his army that's a plus in smaller games. Just be extra careful not to get him killed. Its really kind of a hail mary thing. His warjack bond can also be really helpful. Its incredibly good.

His dirtiest trick involves 2 "hymn of battled" Reckoners using assault to target a warcaster up to 20" away using Awareness to see through forests, cloud effects and intervening models. If the two boosted pow 15s aren't enough you can have a vassal move up and let each of them shoot again. While these out of activation shots can't be boosted they will be made at rat 7 against a target whose defense will be dropped by 2 thanks to the reckoner's flare effect. Its an effective technique, but a little dull to use over and over again and useless against goreshade most of the time unless you bring along Visgoth Rhoven and bodyguard to let one of the Reckoners ignore stealth.

As for your lists, I think those will actually be more fun for repeated and early play. I recomend going with the double crusader list since its probably better to have more stuff than added support at a game that size. My biggest concern is Severius's safety, but there's no easy way to fit a devout into your list to soak up a shot every turn. I guess you could always drop a Crusader for it and bring along a mechanik or wracks. I guess just play the list a few times and see how it goes.

feydruatha
09-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I am starting with Hierarch Severus as he is what i want to go with when i expand to 35pts in the coming months, and I know I will be facing infantry. My friends list is:

Gorshade
Seether
Banelord Tartarus
Full unit of Bane thralls(+ the summoned bane thralls from gorshades feat and Tartarus)

I will have to look into the Reckoners/Vassal combo once I expand. the only thing i know I’m going to be getting is two full units of Exemplar Bastions. The models are too cool to pass up and they are the reason I went Menoth over Cygnar. I hope the rules for them live up to how cool they look.

thanks again for the reply