PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Dwarfs

eldargal
09-26-2010, 06:18 AM
Chaos Dwarfs are coming, lock up your daughters! Or at least raise the doorknob above four feet.:rolleyes:

Anyone here planning on starting a Chaotic Dorf army?

Cedonuli
09-27-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm sooo psyched for this, I've been wanting to do so for ages and finally there will be models! I considered doing a chaos stunty army using mantic models but they dont look right to me. oooooh poor new car fund....

eldargal
09-27-2010, 08:49 PM
My two eldest brothers played Chaos Dwarfs 'back in the day', and they are both super excited and have started planning a big CD themed ash waste board with train tracks and such like for the new FW models. Much excitement.

miteyheroes
09-28-2010, 02:45 AM
My two eldest brothers played Chaos Dwarfs 'back in the day', and they are both super excited and have started planning a big CD themed ash waste board with train tracks and such like for the new FW models. Much excitement.

The new FW CD train-like models aren't literal trains. They're on cartwheels, not train wheels & tracks. They just happen to look a lot like Railway Guns or Epic Squat Land Trains, so people are calling them to trains.

But yes. CD were my first WFB army. I'm super-stoked about new models for them!

Xander
09-28-2010, 07:43 AM
I am looking forward very much to the new models to expand my current Chaos Dwarf army. :cool:

eldargal
09-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Oh, I think they know that, but they have loved the idea of Chaos Dorf Railways for years and this has just given them an excuse:)

The new FW CD train-like models aren't literal trains. They're on cartwheels, not train wheels & tracks. They just happen to look a lot like Railway Guns or Epic Squat Land Trains, so people are calling them to trains.

But yes. CD were my first WFB army. I'm super-stoked about new models for them!

Deadlift
09-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Lol look at my Avi, I just need to grow my beard and I could be a chaos dorf......as a Ogre Kingdoms player I relish the idea of a Chaos dorf army.

T-ORK-amada
09-28-2010, 07:36 PM
I am SO stoked! I had Chaos Dwarfs in the past, but got rid of them due to GW not supporting them. Now, however, since they are being reintroduced via WF, I can collect them again. I just hope they don't take away too many of their old stuff like blunderbusses or the earthshaker. The other fear I have is the WF book will end up like Imperial Armor, and only be usable with player consent.

Geist
09-28-2010, 10:43 PM
When I started Dark Elves Chaos Dwarfs was my other army idea at the time. But due to the lack of a army book at the time, I went with something supported. So news of an actual Chaos Dwarf army book makes me happy. Tall hats for the win.

miteyheroes
09-29-2010, 02:50 AM
I am SO stoked! I had Chaos Dwarfs in the past, but got rid of them due to GW not supporting them. Now, however, since they are being reintroduced via WF, I can collect them again. I just hope they don't take away too many of their old stuff like blunderbusses or the earthshaker. The other fear I have is the WF book will end up like Imperial Armor, and only be usable with player consent.

There weren't any blunderbusses on display. There were lots of big cannons and mortar type things. Whether they'll have the old Earthshaker special rules or not I don't know.

I imagine the WF will be only usable with consent. They're aiming to be just like Forgeworld but for Fantasy.

Asymmetrical Xeno
11-21-2010, 03:17 PM
cool, ill buy them when they release infantry. I know it's uncool and people prefer midget-chaos warriors but I ove the assyrian look, a breath of fresh air amonst the post-tolkein ridden fantasy dreck that is the norm these days. Cant wait! will give me a second army to fight my WIP barnacle critters.

isotope99
11-22-2010, 08:50 AM
There weren't any blunderbusses on display. There were lots of big cannons and mortar type things. Whether they'll have the old Earthshaker special rules or not I don't know.

I imagine the WF will be only usable with consent. They're aiming to be just like Forgeworld but for Fantasy.

You could probably 'counts as' regular dwarfs with a back up list if your opponent doesn't consent. Blunderbusses count as thunderers etc.