PDA

View Full Version : Finally... Back Again

Schnitzel
09-20-2010, 10:45 AM
I've been on hiatus from the 40k Scene for some good long months... After the 'Ard Boyz Semi's back in June/July, I ended my tour of duty with the Marine Corps and moved on with my life. Took a bit of R&R back home in Ohio, extended that to Vienna, Austria, and am now attending Webster University in Vienna as well.
I would have gotten back into 40k earlier after I settled down here, however I only had so much room to pack for the flight and was forced to leave my army behind... Life necessities come first ya know. However, now after two months of waiting, my father is mailing my army out to me and all I can say is I am STOKED!

On the same note, any one here from the Vienna area? I only know a small handful of gamers here, and as I can't speak German yet, I'm at a slight disadvantage for finding playable opponents.

BuFFo
09-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Hello

HsojVvad
09-21-2010, 05:41 AM
Make shure you have your German Codex. Remember what we said back here in NA and UK, use your codex. That would Generally mean the English codex and English FAQ for most of us. Now you might have to adapt and use their Language codex when you want to get pick up games.

heartbitt
09-21-2010, 07:56 AM
..and forget using inches!!!
All documentation is in metric system (cm) which there are not exactly (it is just an aproximation because the decimals) and that may change your current strategies.

Schnitzel
09-21-2010, 08:18 AM
So my nifty little GF9 ruler tools are a no go now? or...? :(

*Edit*
Disregard the bit above, I forgot this is where I started playing originally... The GW rulers they sell are in inches. :P

Ugh! I've still yet to learn German, and probably won't be any good at it for a long time to come. This is such a drag.... But at least I can get back into modeling and painting. :)