PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into War Machine?

Lt. Renen
08-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Hey Mates,

I have been out of the loop for a while and was bored and went onto the PP site today and was amazed to see that there was a new faction out for the game. Their models look really cool but I couldn't find them in any online stores yet. I am guessing that they are the "threat coming" that was in the side bar on their site... But onto my question. I have been out of the game for a good 3 years now, how much of the game has changed? I know the Cav is all new, what else changed?

Ren

GentleBen
08-20-2009, 02:01 PM
The biggest thing right now is the switch over to mark II coming in January. They released playtest rules for it in march but the pdfs have been taken down so the only way to get them is to find someone who has them already. Overall I felt the changes were good. They toned down the power of infantry, which had gotten a little out of hand recently given the game is called WarMACHINE. Many factions had infantry which, with the proper buffs, could easily eliminate multiple heavy jacks in a round. Some complained that much of the flavor of the game was lost as many special rules were eliminated or simplified. By contrast I felt that the factions emerged with more flavor as their play styles seem to have become more unique. But much or all of the playtest rules could change in the final version of MKII.

The new faction is called the Retribution of Scyrah. These are the secretive elves that were hinted at in some fluff and described in the IK books. Think of an army of Eirysses.

Also Privateer's first plastic kit came out in July. In September the Retribution will get a plastic kit which can be used to build any one of their three heavy warjacks. In November the trollbloods and legion will get plastic kits as well. It also seems very likely that the 4 major warmachine factions will get plastic jack kits as well, with each faction also getting a new jack. I'm hoping that will happen in January along with the release of MkII.

There's lots more stuff besides, but this is already turning into a long post, so just let me know if you've got any other specific questions.

Warmaster Primus
09-02-2009, 02:21 PM
I think that PP just released some of the new Retribution faction minis at Gen-Con. I find that I like some of the new faction's models (like the really big jack they have, and many of the infantry), while some of smaller jacks leave something to be desired.

Renen, have you checked out the Hordes factions? I play (well, I have the models, but noone to play with) Legion and Circle.