PDA

View Full Version : Avatar of Khaine

odinsgrandson
09-15-2010, 09:45 AM
Here is an Eldar Avatar that I painted up recently for a client. He wanted me to mostly stick with the studio color scheme.

It is kind of strange to paint this one after you've done one of the forge world Avatars. Everything is so much smaller, and a lot of the details seem squished together, mostly because the Forge World minis had enough room to spread them out.

Anyway, here's a pic:

http://www.gardenninja.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/eldar/avatarglow1.jpg

isotope99
09-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Agreed, I can't imagine going back to the old style avatar now having used the FW version although even the metal version still stands up there, as you've shown. Here's hoping for a small survivability boost next codex.

Duke
09-15-2010, 10:26 AM
I agree, the forge world one is so much better.

I do Ike the helm "wings" the blending up is good.

Duke

DrWobbles
09-16-2010, 01:39 AM
I prefer the GW model myself, the forgeworld model is too stiff for my taste. Great paint job though, I love the avatar but I can never to fit it into a competitive list. :(

odinsgrandson
09-16-2010, 10:00 AM
And to be sure, the Forge World version is even less competitive since everyone can see and shoot him on turn one.

Does Forge World have rules for upgrading some of their monsters? I had thought they had some kind of apocalypse rules for the greater daemons, but do they not have something similar for the Avatar?

I mean, there could be a special character Avatar, since there's one on each Craftworld, and they aren't all exactly alike (some have spears and all).

DrWobbles
09-19-2010, 06:16 AM
There's an apocalypse formation that boosts his stats for every phoenix lord within 6", can't remember the name though.

Way back in the day the avatar didn't need a boost, he used to be Ws10 Bs10 S8 T8 W7 I10 A5 Ld10(!). Oh how i pray for a return to the glory days.

eldargal
09-19-2010, 06:41 AM
Court of the Young King, I think?

There's an apocalypse formation that boosts his stats for every phoenix lord within 6", can't remember the name though.

Way back in the day the avatar didn't need a boost, he used to be Ws10 Bs10 S8 T8 W7 I10 A5 Ld10(!). Oh how i pray for a return to the glory days.

david5th
09-19-2010, 07:45 AM
Court of the Young King, I think?

The Phoenix Court Of Khaine. Apoc Reload p31.

eldargal
09-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Thats the one, I knew it was something court but I didn't have the book handy.

The Phoenix Court Of Khaine. Apoc Reload p31.

MarneusCalgar
09-19-2010, 09:38 AM
I love this one...

You know if GW website still sell it??

Or now I can only buy the FW model??

Thanks!!