PDA

View Full Version : Meet the New Kid

DragoonSix
09-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Hello,

DragoonSix here! I have played 40K for six years, quite happily as a Foot-Sloggers Guard player. you might say I'm a member of the "Old Guard" in that sense.
I currently reside in Colorado springs, serving as an IT profesional on Peterson AFB, and travel up I-25 to Longmont to play at Stonebridge Games.
When dispensing advise on how to improve your list or play, I tend to speak more esotericly, particularly when discusing casual, week-to-week sort of gaming. My two most indipensible (and incomprahensible) pieces of newbie wisdom are: 1. Know your Element. 2. Know who has the Beatdown Deck.

My purpose in joining this group is to provide myself with motivation to paint my newly conceived White Scars Successor Chapter, The Scarred Eagles (uses the Raptors' Chapter Emblem, Black with Red Trim) to the best of my ability, and grow as a painter by posting my progress to these forums.

Origin of Screen Name: My guard army represnted Dismounted Light Cavalry, but they tend to be better equipped than normal, and had they made models available that I liked, Rough Riders would have featured heavily. Hence I Named my regiment the 16th Fordian Light Dragoons. the number six is general used in military radio speak to refer to the command element. thus the commander the "The Devil's Brigade" would be referred to as "Devil Six". I'm sure you can derive the rest of the story from that.

Signed,
DragoonSix

Duke
09-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Welcome to BoLS... The forums are your playground! Its always good too see a new (Old) face around here. I look forward to seeing your army updates.

Duke

david5th
09-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Hello and welcome DragoonSix.

MarshalAdamar
09-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Welcome to the boards DragoonSix