PDA

View Full Version : FFG: Complete Sisters Fluff

heartbitt
09-13-2010, 11:43 AM
We will have to keep an eye on this Dark Heresy: Blood of Martyrs http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=50&esem=2,page down, last book. So... no more Inq direct relationship???
Till now I enjoy all fluff in FFG WH40K rpgs books (Dark Heresy & Rogue Trader, will see Deathwatch) so this one is an incoming ...

Blood of Martyrs contains new rules, backgrounds, alternate careers and equipment for playing servants of the Adeptus Ministorum, the church of the God-Emperor of Mankind.

Included within are a detailed history of the Ecclesiarchy and the Sisters of Battle, as well as extensive accounts of the Ministorum within the Calixis Sector from Shrine worlds to the powerful cardinals of the Sector Synod. Take up the mantle of the most faithful of the Emperor’s servants, the Adepta Sororitas including the Sisters of Battle and the Orders Dialogous, Famulous and Hospitaller!

Crevab
09-13-2010, 11:53 AM
Yay FFG

Nabterayl
09-13-2010, 12:28 PM
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. The Adepta Sororitas have always been servants of the Adeptus Ministorum, not the Ordo Hereticus. They have an agreement with the Ordo Hereticus to serve as its chamber militant, but they've never been a "part of" the Inquisition.

andrewm9
09-13-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. The Adepta Sororitas have always been servants of the Adeptus Ministorum, not the Ordo Hereticus. They have an agreement with the Ordo Hereticus to serve as its chamber militant, but they've never been a "part of" the Inquisition.

I think what's being driven at is that maybe the Sisters will have more fluff then 3 or 4 pages. Even in the old Sisters of Battle codex (2nd ed) there wasn't a lot of fluff. I think they spent more pages talking about Bucharest's empire and his war with the Space Wolves. This book will be quite a bit larger than a codex and likley have more cool info though I expect alot of it to be Calixis sector specific.

heartbitt
09-13-2010, 12:41 PM
but they've never been a "part of" the Inquisition.

This pops up from time to time.
I like more SoB (as well) to be apart from Inquisition but in the old fluff they were part of the Inquisition -like it or not- as militar chamber of the Ordo Hereticus .. and OH is Inquisition, in fact, if you go to GW website "Getting Started with Warhammer 40,000 (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?pageMode=multi&categoryId=cat440130a&pIndex=4&aId=9300005&start=5)" states EXACTLY as this:

Witch Hunters
The constant war against heresy and betrayal is fought by the Ordo Hereticus, the branch of the Inquisition charged with preserving the Imperial faith and ensuring the loyalty of its subjects. Should the foes of the Ordo Hereticus prove too great for clandestine solutions, they unleash THEIR Chamber Militant - the Sisters of Battle - to take the war to the enemy. Utterly devout and ferociously loyal, the Sisters of Battle cleanse the enemies of the Imperium with fire and sword.

andrewm9
09-13-2010, 01:15 PM
This pops up from time to time.
I like more SoB (as well) to be apart from Inquisition but in the old fluff they were part of the Inquisition -like it or not- as militar chamber of the Ordo Hereticus .. and OH is Inquisition, in fact, if you go to GW website "Getting Started with Warhammer 40,000 (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?pageMode=multi&categoryId=cat440130a&pIndex=4&aId=9300005&start=5)" states EXACTLY as this:

Witch Hunters
The constant war against heresy and betrayal is fought by the Ordo Hereticus, the branch of the Inquisition charged with preserving the Imperial faith and ensuring the loyalty of its subjects. Should the foes of the Ordo Hereticus prove too great for clandestine solutions, they unleash THEIR Chamber Militant - the Sisters of Battle - to take the war to the enemy. Utterly devout and ferociously loyal, the Sisters of Battle cleanse the enemies of the Imperium with fire and sword.

You know that is actually the "new fluff" from almost 7 years ago of the Witch Hunter codex, the old 2nd edition codex made little mention of the Inquisition other than to say they sometimes had similar goals I believe. They were not a chamber militant of the Inquisition then but the army of the Ecclesiarchy and they still are that. Now in the "new fluff", they are bound by Convocation of Nephilim to assist the Inquisiton in its holy mission. Its a mission they share. Howver much like an Inquistor calling on Space Marines, I'm fairly certain that the Sisters can refuse if they feel they have good grounds to do so. The Sorortias remit is actually pretty wide to do what they need to do.

heartbitt
09-13-2010, 01:55 PM
I see, .... but...
Yes, the similar goals, was already established in the WH40 1 Ed. (RT) rulebook, page 268, and IMHO they were acting EXACTLY LIKE Inquisition, that I was refering for old fluff.

In 1st edition says clearly SoB are part of the Ecclesiarchy, but in that little text there's not metion of SoB fighting battles. It said that SoB are dedicated to control & check the members of the Adeptus Terra (alike modern internal affairs?)
"Every single day, squads of battle-sisters descend upon unsuspecting departments of the Adeptus Terra, administering genetic & psychological test in order to expose wrong doers, MUTANTS and malcontents".
If that is not the Inquisition way, well then...

A HUGE BLUNT
09-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Stuff gets retconed all the time, just enjoy the ride man

eldargal
09-13-2010, 06:14 PM
The Adepta Sororitas have an agreement to act as the chamber militant of the Ordo Hereticus, this doesn't make them part of the Ordo Hereticus anymore than the Metropolitan Police working with the FBI on counter-terrorism make them part of the same organization.

DarkLink
09-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Right, it's kinda like the CIA calling up the Marines and saying "hey, we just uncovered the location of Mujah-al-Bubba's hiding place. So go do your thing, let us know how it goes".

heartbitt
09-14-2010, 01:11 AM
The Adepta Sororitas have an agreement to act as the chamber militant of the Ordo Hereticus, this doesn't make them part of the Ordo Hereticus.
Sorry but wrong. We all know they really are Ecclesiarchy, caring for the Emperor cult workshiping, etc ..., but nowadays, in GW words, YES THEY ARE INQ. Last codex say so, and GW webiste (as I posted before) says so, as well. In the sentence "THEIR" is the key.
"Ordo Hereticus prove too great for clandestine solutions, they unleash THEIR Chamber Militant - the Sisters of Battle "
Don't get me wrong, I like too see sisters, actually out of the Inquisition (in GW fluff) and thats is the reason I had pointed this book out , it will released before the Sisters codex, so it will contain the fluff direction surely will be in a later codex.

eldargal
09-14-2010, 01:51 AM
No, you are misinterpreting the 'their'. They are not part of the Inquisition, they have an agreement, the Convocation of Nephilim, to act as the Chamber Militant of the Ordo Hereticus. They are the Chamber Militant, hence the quote, but they are still not part of the Inquisition. The codex never explicitly states that they are part of the Inquisition, it merely says they act as the CM of the Ordo Hereticus.

Sorry but wrong. We all know they really are Ecclesiarchy, caring for the Emperor cult workshiping, etc ..., but nowadays, in GW words, YES THEY ARE INQ. Last codex say so, and GW webiste (as I posted before) says so, as well. In the sentence "THEIR" is the key.
"Ordo Hereticus prove too great for clandestine solutions, they unleash THEIR Chamber Militant - the Sisters of Battle "
Don't get me wrong, I like too see sisters, actually out of the Inquisition (in GW fluff) and thats is the reason I had pointed this book out , it will released before the Sisters codex, so it will contain the fluff direction surely will be in a later codex.

Unzuul the Lascivious
09-14-2010, 03:12 AM
I'm backing that up. Been a Sisters player since forever - they are the Militant wing of the Ecclesiarchy and act as Military wing of Ordo Hereticus due to similar goals. They are not officially an Inquisitorial outfit but born of the Ecclesiarchy. Just as the Inquisition will requisition any Imperial combatants they see fit to aid them - it just so happens that the Ordo Hereticus have a long standing agreement with the Convents via the Convocation of Nephilim.

Melissia
09-14-2010, 05:38 AM
But then, Inquisitors often have long-standing agreements with Space Marine chapters, too.

I'll be glad to see this book.

eldargal
09-14-2010, 07:16 AM
I wonder when it is due out? So nice for SoB to get some attention, even if it is technically non-canonical (in the sense that GW can choose to ignore it all when they write the Codex).

Melissia
09-14-2010, 10:23 PM
It's as canonical as Black Library . Actually I'd say it's more canonical, these books are often worked on by the same people that deliver (or at least help deliver) us 40k rulebooks and codices.

eldargal
09-15-2010, 01:02 AM
I agree, more canonical than BL, but still non-canonical or B level canon or however you want to define it. Codices and BRB overrule it.

It's as canonical as Black Library . Actually I'd say it's more canonical, these books are often worked on by the same people that deliver (or at least help deliver) us 40k rulebooks and codices.

Javin
09-15-2010, 05:10 AM
Fluff is always nice. I have been curious about more details for the sisters. Canon or not, the read should be interesting.

Tynskel
09-15-2010, 05:17 AM
Kinda like how the Deathwatch are the Chamber Militant of the Xenos Hunters. The marines are supplied by the Chapters.

Duke
09-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Wow, if only GW could come out with stuff as efficently as FGF then we would not to have waited several editions for the DE to come out!

This news really makes me wish that I had a group here to play with.... Or the time to play anything more than 40k

Duke

thecactusman17
09-22-2010, 03:08 PM
I always hold lore from the codices to be game-lore, and very often it is. Game lore is a fantastical retelling of the events of a game or series of games, fleshed out to be a more inspiring presence. Every so often, very rarely, a character from one of the Black Library books or wherever will be allowed a place in the codex due to fan popularity. So while the codex, BRB, BL, and FFG versions of lore might conflict, I'm only concerned with whichever was told in the most entertaining fashion.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
09-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Can we lay rest as in R.I.P this arguement that the Sisters of Battle are part of the Inquisistion?? How many times do we have to condradict each other over this, wish people would read there codex's and anything else and understand they have a standing with the Ordo Hereticus and its called the Convocation of Nephilim, it basically says that they will work as a Militant Oder with them, not for them.

Also in the Codex WH it cleary reads that the Order Militants are part of the Ecclesiarchy, and are the only Militant order allowed.
Back to that Dark Heresy is bringing a new book out with lots of history, rules and fluff, no that i get to play it anymore, as my DM gave it up (stupid DM) id love to read the material still.

Mr.Pickelz
09-23-2010, 09:12 AM
is there any of the dark heresy or 40kRPG books that involve the Grey knights that is already out or rumor of future release?

andrewm9
09-23-2010, 10:45 AM
is there any of the dark heresy or 40kRPG books that involve the Grey knights that is already out or rumor of future release?

The short answer is yes. Its called Daemon Hunter and due out in Spirng 0f 2011. Got to teh FFg website and download the Knowledge is Power 2010 pdf. It has as much info as anybody knows at this date.