PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar Confirmed next 40k

shadowvast
09-13-2010, 09:53 AM
GW mainsite has confirmation, DE are next!!!!

DrLove42
09-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Yes! Woo!

*Re-gathers composure*

WOOOOOO!!!

*Deep Calming Breaths*

God i sound like such a fanboy now. Just really happy to see them confirmed from all the 99% rumours. Just have to wait and see the models now! Gamesday is only 2 weeks away...

The Madman
09-13-2010, 10:55 AM
As the great Tychus Findlay once said at the end of the starcraft 2 trailer.

"Hell, its about time!"

Mkvenner
09-13-2010, 11:23 AM
As the great Tychus Findlay said about GW."Damn, GW you have been holding out on me..."

eldargal
09-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Hurrah! Going to wake my brothers up and open some champagne.:rolleyes:

Fizyx
09-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Well, the article says "Dark Eldar" and does not mention a Codex. I hope I'm reading that wrong, lol.

heartbitt
09-14-2010, 01:32 AM
Same WD Ad was for Space Marine, Imperial Guard, ... and it was a Codex involved

DarkLink
09-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Well, GW isn't just redoing the codex. They're redoing the entire DE line. The codex, all the models, everything. So I wouldn't worry about them not specifically mentioning the Codex. That would be like worrying that Microsoft won't produce any new games right after they announce the Xbox 1080 or whatever they decide to call it.

Javin
09-15-2010, 05:21 AM
I expect this army to be the anti-mech army. What I am hoping is the DE become a force in 40k. Right now their fluff has them as sadistic pirates and nothing more. In my mind they are basically very wimpy CSM. With their new codex I hope they will actually be something bigger and better.

Unzuul the Lascivious
09-15-2010, 08:23 AM
I hope they can be an anti-swarm army. That'd shut a few people at my club up! Having said that, my Daemons are doing A-OK right now

Duke
09-15-2010, 08:32 AM
If you look close enough you can see it says "Pray they don't take you alive." Pretty cool.

I am worried that their background is still going to be only as deep as a glass of water, which is sad because I think DE should be way more than "we like to torture things,"

Duke

eldargal
09-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Personally I hope that with finesse and skill they will be capable of defeating mech and swarm.

Duke
09-15-2010, 08:36 AM
Finesse of skill: Rending (2d6) if you roll a rend then you are allowed 2d6 to add to your strength... Then you can multiply the result by 17... Oh it is also now AP1.

That sounds fair

Duke

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
09-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Can you post the link for us please, as for when i go to the main site, i dont see anything about them at all.

gwensdad
09-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Can you post the link for us please, as for when i go to the main site, i dont see anything about them at all.

here: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=12800005a (US version)

isotope99
09-15-2010, 09:33 AM
From the GW site:

New Dark Eldar at Games Day
14th September
If you saw yesterday's 'What's new today' post, you'll know that the Studio is planning something very special for UK Games Day.
Veteran miniatures designer Jes Goodwin will be talking about the forthcoming range of Dark Eldar miniatures and showing an exclusive preview of the new models.

Doesn't add much but confirms that there will be models to see at UK Games Day. Now here's hoping there are no anti-camera police lurking about.

Nungunz
09-15-2010, 01:08 PM
I'd prefer a nice well-balanced army rather than anti-horde or anti-mech. ;)

The last several codicies (IG up through Blood Angels) have been very well written and balanced despite a few oddities/weird-stuff in each. I'm really looking forward to what the DE have to offer.

DarkLink
09-15-2010, 03:28 PM
Finesse of skill: Rending (2d6) if you roll a rend then you are allowed 2d6 to add to your strength... Then you can multiply the result by 17... Oh it is also now AP1.

That sounds fair

Duke

Actually, I heard that they're introducing AP 0, which allows you to choose to reroll your damage rolls if you roll poorly (and gives +1, as well):rolleyes:

Porty1119
09-15-2010, 04:44 PM
...and of course, the triple MRP Valk squadrons and three 4-MRP Vultures isn't anti-swarm?

Kahoolin
09-16-2010, 03:41 AM
Wow I can't believe they're finally making them. I need a new army soon, I've got nearly everything I want for my guard and a only a few things left to paint.

As as aside, isn't it kind of weird that the Dark Eldar are the remnants/descendants of the original Eldar from before the fall and yet they get called "Dark Eldar?" Shouldn't they be just "the Eldar?" The Craftworld Eldar are the new kids on the block really.

Mr. Smith
09-16-2010, 05:14 AM
The public relation people at the Commorragh believe that Dark Eldar some up their cultural differences from craftworld eldar well enough.

eldargal
09-16-2010, 06:58 AM
Its a little more complicated than that. Craftworld Eldar (and Exodites, come to think of it) represent the Eldar that were too isolated to fall to the decadence that began to corrupt Eldar society. The Craftworld Eldar because they were always travelling, the Exodites because they were on backwater worlds and spent all their time wearing plaid flannel shirts and chewin' 'baccy. The Craftworld Eldar went a bit ritualistic and whatnot after the fall, the Exodites continued to wear plaid flannel and chew 'baccy and the Dark Eldar continued to be decadent.

Wow I can't believe they're finally making them. I need a new army soon, I've got nearly everything I want for my guard and a only a few things left to paint.

As as aside, isn't it kind of weird that the Dark Eldar are the remnants/descendants of the original Eldar from before the fall and yet they get called "Dark Eldar?" Shouldn't they be just "the Eldar?" The Craftworld Eldar are the new kids on the block really.

Archon Charybdis
09-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Craftworld Eldar (and Exodites, come to think of it) represent the Eldar that were too isolated to fall to the decadence that began to corrupt Eldar society. The Craftworld Eldar because they were always travelling, the Exodites because they were on backwater worlds and spent all their time wearing plaid flannel shirts and chewin' 'baccy

What's your source for that? That's very different from how it's presented in the codex.

"As these cults gained a tighter hold over the Eldar, so their society became increasingly divided. Some heeded the portents that haunted their dreams, fleeing to found the Exodite colony worlds on the fringes of the Eldar empire. As their civilization descended into anarchy, a few Eldar repented of their vices and fled into the void aboard space-borne craftworlds."

eldargal
09-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Yes, they left the Eldar homeworlds and headed to the most unpleasant worlds they could find so there would be no room for decadence. The old Codex: Craftworld Eldar goes into more detailed accounts of this, the snippet in the current codex gives a more abridged account.
In case it wasn't obvious, I was being deliberately flippant in my previous post for humorous effect.

Archon Charybdis
09-16-2010, 09:59 AM
In case it wasn't obvious, I was being deliberately flippant in my previous post for humorous effect.

Certainly, though to an extent the whole spared the Fall because they travelled so much or lived on a backwater world by happenstance does sound like the sort of lame sci-fi trope rationale that could have existed in older fluff-- Returning from deep space, the Craftworld Eldar find their homeland in ruins! Zounds!

eldargal
09-16-2010, 10:14 AM
It was sort of like that in the more detailed fluff, though not quite so bad perhaps. The Craftworlds were giant trading vessals and returned to the home worlds three or four times every thousand years. The Exodites were on the home worlds but saw the growing decadence for what it was and left (on craftworlds) and settled on fringe worlds, one supposes they dismantled their craftworlds to create the Exodite worlds World Spirit. In the last weeks before the fall some craftworlds returned to find that their society had fallen apart with most of the population descended into madness. They then rescued as many survivors as possible, then the Fall occured, Slaanesh was born and many craftworlds that were still trying to rescue survivors were destroyed before they could leave. Others struggled to escape onyl to fall into the Eye in later times. The Exodites survives because they were far from the psychic explosion, the Craftworlds survived because they were out of the Eye, the Dark Eldar survives because they were in the Webwayon Commoragh.

Commissar Lewis
09-16-2010, 03:35 PM
The thing that amuses me about the Dark Eldar finally confirmed to be updated is that they are GW's Duke Nukem Forever. And just recently DNF was also confirmed to be released next year.

Kahoolin
09-16-2010, 07:30 PM
It was sort of like that in the more detailed fluff, though not quite so bad perhaps. The Craftworlds were giant trading vessals and returned to the home worlds three or four times every thousand years. The Exodites were on the home worlds but saw the growing decadence for what it was and left (on craftworlds) and settled on fringe worlds, one supposes they dismantled their craftworlds to create the Exodite worlds World Spirit. In the last weeks before the fall some craftworlds returned to find that their society had fallen apart with most of the population descended into madness. They then rescued as many survivors as possible, then the Fall occured, Slaanesh was born and many craftworlds that were still trying to rescue survivors were destroyed before they could leave. Others struggled to escape onyl to fall into the Eye in later times. The Exodites survives because they were far from the psychic explosion, the Craftworlds survived because they were out of the Eye, the Dark Eldar survives because they were in the Webwayon Commoragh.Interesting, I was always under the impression that the Craftworlds were built specifically to escape the fall or else were escape vessels concealed on Eldar worlds in case of catastrophe.

Also, I know I haven't been around much lately, but since when do you have typos in your posts eldargal? :p

eldargal
09-16-2010, 09:18 PM
I disagree with the analogy, personally. GW never said they were working on DE this latest announcement. People speculated they were, and Jes Goodwin did talk about working on new models last year or the year before but for the decade before that it was just a few unreliable rumourmongers making things up. DE were never announced, delayed, cancelled, hyped up etc.:)

The thing that amuses me about the Dark Eldar finally confirmed to be updated is that they are GW's Duke Nukem Forever. And just recently DNF was also confirmed to be released next year.

Some may have been, but mostly they were giant trading ships.

I have typos since I've only slept for 6 hours in the last three days.:p I should probably go back and fix them...

Interesting, I was always under the impression that the Craftworlds were built specifically to escape the fall or else were escape vessels concealed on Eldar worlds in case of catastrophe.

Also, I know I haven't been around much lately, but since when do you have typos in your posts eldargal? :p

DarkLink
09-17-2010, 01:37 PM
I disagree with the analogy, personally.

Same here. DNF is infamous for getting announced, then cancelled over and over. DE have just been ignored almost completely.

LeeLoo
09-17-2010, 06:44 PM
I've only slept for 6 hours in the last three days.:p

Me too. F-ing insomnia...

:(

Melissia
09-18-2010, 06:50 AM
Oh look, they've confirmed something we've already known for the past three months.

Tynskel
09-18-2010, 08:23 AM
Oh look, they've confirmed something we've already known for the past three months.

Well, you might have believed it.

But I didn't. I refused to believe anything about the Dark Eldar until something official came out from GW. We are talking ~10 years since their codex was touched.

eldargal
09-20-2010, 07:40 AM
From GW Games Day website:

Dark Eldar
1. Lifting the veil on the Dark Eldar project with Jes Goodwin and Phil Kelly.
2. 'Eavy Metal painted miniatures, artwork, concept drawings, 3UPs, plastic frames all on display.
3. Dark Eldar video presentation.

It might not confirm a codex but it strongly implies one (as if there is really any doubt:rolleyes:) otherwise Phil Kelly wouldn't be involved.

Drew da Destroya
09-20-2010, 07:50 AM
Makes me wish I lived in or near England.

HiveStar
09-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Pikshur Tiem!
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/HiveStar/Dark_Eldar_WD.jpg

Spiv
09-20-2010, 11:53 AM
^ That's awesome.

DrLove42
09-20-2010, 01:28 PM
Some kind of warrior on the right....see the leg and boot of an ornate suit of armour....probably Incubi, too much armour for a Wyche.
Jet Bikes in the distance in the sky
Grotesque (maybe? - looks all deformed) in the bottom left

Think i like the new raider...the sail is kinda cool, and the rounded organicness of the gun position.

eldargal
09-20-2010, 07:37 PM
First picture of new Dark Eldar models, courtesy of Farsot on Warseer:

This just popped up.
http://i55.tinypic.com/w9wu3b.jpg

I'll not complain about insomnia ever again until tomorrow. I must admit though, I'm in two minds about posting it here, part of me doesn't want to go spoiling the big reveal of GDUK, on the other hand, someone else will post it here soon enough.:rolleyes: I'm actually rather annoyed that someone pre-empted the release, I hope Mr Goodwin is not too upset about it.

Blackyujiro
09-20-2010, 07:49 PM
okay, if i'm reading thre blurriness correct. thos are Incubi. Either way, friggin sweet from what I can see.

eldargal
09-20-2010, 08:06 PM
Yes, Incubi, I think the next is French or Spanish. Even with the blurriness I think they are nothing short of magnficient and greatly superior to the existing Incubi. Which really is saying something as the existing Incubi were by far the best models of the previous range.

Edit: Model picture link on previous page for those who missed it.

Lockark
09-20-2010, 08:21 PM
whao. Thows modles are so cool I want to drop my daemons like a bad habit, and start collecting Dark Eldar.

Brass Scorpion
09-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Check this link out! (http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/180/317487.page#1950161)

http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/at/2010/9/21/4b74a25002d6d0faa152370a9ad52ce2_494.jpg__thumb

eldargal
09-20-2010, 11:30 PM
Already posted on th previous page.:p

RocketRollRebel
09-21-2010, 01:53 AM
I just can't stop dancing. I can't wait for next weekend! BoLS better be on this in like real time yo! :D

DrLove42
09-21-2010, 04:14 AM
They do look awesome. Can't wait to see them in 5 days...

Does anyone else think the look of them (kinda Uruk-hai, kinda Dark Elves, kinda chaosy) is designed so scratch builders and converters have a good base of components to use?

eldargal
09-21-2010, 06:57 AM
A little snippet fresh from Warseer:

I did hear that Jes had got involved with writting the book. I think he might have had something to do with writing the background section along with Phil. If that is right then I think (and I could be wrong about this) that this may be the first time he has done that since he wrote the original Skaven background.

heartbitt
09-21-2010, 07:06 AM
Yes, Incubi, I think the next is French or Spanish.
"Les incubes.... It is French. The DE Spanish Codex translation is Incubo, plural Incubos.

Best regards from Spain ;-)

...is designed so scratch builders and converters...
Scratch builders??? That's making the whole model, from raw materials. Here, the name is "Kit bashers"...

eldargal
09-21-2010, 07:21 AM
Thanks, I couldn't make out enoughto be certain.:)

The kit-bashing potential of the Incubi does seem high.

"Les incubes.... It is French. The DE Spanish Codex translation is Incubo, plural Incubos.

Best regards from Spain ;-)

Scratch builders??? That's making the whole model, from raw materials. Here, the name is "Kit bashers"...

heartbitt
09-21-2010, 08:02 AM
..the Dewey system. Actual (allaged) girl.
You did it!!! LOL

eldargal
09-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Yup, it was a good quote.:)

You did it!!! LOL

A little bit of rumour:

so now that the photo is out of the blurry minis, i know that my personal source was not talking ********. thanks guys for my confirmation :)

so some info i have are:

- he has seen no talos
- lelith hesperax is supposed to be an awesome model we're getting.

sorry if this is nothing new :) just thought i might share.

I hope this is true, Lelith was one of my role models growing up (Really she was:rolleyes:) and I love her old model but if the new one could be superb.

Brass Scorpion
09-21-2010, 08:25 AM
Already posted on th previous page.Hmm, I checked the previous page yesterday and today and the photo I posted does not show there. A link to a photo is not a photo.

eldargal
09-21-2010, 08:30 AM
There was a considerable fuss on Warseer about the picture spoiling the big reveal at Games Day so I thought I would leave it up to the individual whether they wanted to view it.

Hmm, I checked the previous page yesterday and today and the photo I posted does not show there. A link to a photo is not a photo.

Brass Scorpion
09-21-2010, 08:44 AM
I don't visit Warsser hardly ever myself. And I didn't read the comments, just scanned the page for the photo and when I didn't see it on the preceding pages I posted it.

MarneusCalgar
09-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Well, they donīt lool static and stoney anymore!!

Itīs me or Iīm just the only one seeing them very similar to the look of Eric Bana in Abramsīs last Star Trek Movie??

isotope99
09-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Going to ditch those horns, otherwise looking good.

heartbitt
09-21-2010, 02:35 PM
lelith hesperax is supposed to be an awesome model we're getting.

AFAIK..also Kruellagh is removed!!!

eldargal
09-23-2010, 07:15 PM
From William Robert French on the Bols blog, allegedly a DE warrior:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f390/augustmanifesto/deldar.jpg

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-23-2010, 07:16 PM
ninjaed by Eldargal :D

was about to post that haha

either way I LOVE it, it's how I hoped they'd look. Reminds me of the colour artwork of them also which is great.

eldargal
09-23-2010, 07:31 PM
I don't know, though. We have gone from blurry picture of a catalogue to a fully assembled miniature with a decent picture. And something seems odd about the model. Maybe I'm just being overly suspicious.:rolleyes:

Spiv
09-23-2010, 07:38 PM
I don't know, though. We have gone from blurry picture of a catalogue to a fully assembled miniature with a decent picture. And something seems odd about the model. Maybe I'm just being overly suspicious.:rolleyes:

I was thinking this, but it doesn't look bitz'd. Everything seems to fit together like it was meant to be.

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-23-2010, 07:44 PM

I dunno, I think it looks genuine to me. Sounds like you've been hanging around the inquisition a bit too much :p

btw the picture was originally from Prince Sliscus at 40konline, just thought id let you know before the warseerites decide to send their hounds after you :rolleyes:

eldargal
09-23-2010, 09:18 PM
It is probably just insomnia fuelled paranoia, I admit. I just find something odd about it, I do like it though.:rolleyes:

DarkLink
09-23-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm not a fan of the rifle (purely because it looks a little too big and bulky for being a standard side-arm, though if it were a heavy weapon that would be fine). The rest of the model looks great, though.

BuFFo
09-23-2010, 10:28 PM
I love the rifle (being that this is a fantasy game, and the miniature line does not adhere to human proportions, but rather heroic proportions to make the game friggin awesome). The Splinter Rifle looks sick, and I love the simplistic nature of the armor.

I will need to add spikes to the helmet, but that won't be an issue for me.

GW is making ALMOST want to buy new DE models to replace my old ones... almost.

eldargal
09-23-2010, 10:54 PM
Just wait till we see the full reveal on sunday with painted minatures,3ups and sprues. If they make the Wyches look good, I'm sold. So long as they aren't Chaos Eldar, which I do not think they will be. No hint of Chaos in the warrior model.

I love the rifle (being that this is a fantasy game, and the miniature line does not adhere to human proportions, but rather heroic proportions to make the game friggin awesome). The Splinter Rifle looks sick, and I love the simplistic nature of the armor.

I will need to add spikes to the helmet, but that won't be an issue for me.

GW is making ALMOST want to buy new DE models to replace my old ones... almost.

Spiv
09-23-2010, 11:44 PM
Just wait till we see the full reveal on sunday with painted minatures,3ups and sprues. If they make the Wyches look good, I'm sold. So long as they aren't Chaos Eldar, which I do not think they will be. No hint of Chaos in the warrior model.

Even if they are, I will, because I'm an original fan of the Eldar :p

But seriously. I like it because to me, it looks like they're going the route of the bigger and badder you are in terms of ranking within the army, the more it'll show.

eldargal
09-24-2010, 01:32 AM
Yup. That is the model we had the description of.
I didn't say it wasn't a Warrior. I said it was not a final version of a Warrior.
I said it was just one of the very early test (Concept) sculpts that Jes did.
I'm pretty sure that is a resin cast not plastic.
That is one of the sculpts that David Gallhager based the Warrior art on.

That is NOT a final warrior ... although some elements remain very similar they evolved a good bit.
Not least in the helmet department.
Generally speaking they have more detail.

'More detail'.

I knew something was off about the model.:cool: /smughomodeengaged

DrLove42
09-24-2010, 03:09 AM
If genuine hes is badass and i can't wait to start collecting them

Thought the plastic looked a bit off colour though. But if thats the direction they're going down...me likes

DarkLink
09-24-2010, 07:59 AM
'More detail'.

I knew something was off about the model.:cool: /smughomodeengaged

This is what the original source said, too, if you look through the source thread. He mentions that he's had the picture for almost a year, and that is looks pretty similar to the final run.

eldargal
09-24-2010, 08:04 AM
I've not seen the source thread (no one cited it) but it wouldn't surprise me to learn that someone pinched the picture without checking its context.

This is what the original source said, too, if you look through the source thread. He mentions that he's had the picture for almost a year, and that is looks pretty similar to the final run.

DarkLink
09-24-2010, 11:05 AM
The original source is in this thread, I believe; http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=199371.60

Edit: Oh, and I believe that Harry confirmed that this was indeed an early resin sculpt, buried somewhere in the Warseer DE thread

eldargal
09-24-2010, 11:53 PM
i now have confirmation of the DE first wave:

plastic boxes:
warriors
wyches
jetbikes
hellions
raider
ravager

metal boxes:
incubi
mandrakes

blisters:
Archon
Lellith Hesperax
Urien Rakarth

there is also a ltd edition release coming out, but im gonna keep that one a surprise :D
(hint: it's been mentioned a few times already ;) )

Yay Lelith! I hope the Archon includes some extra parts (like a female body:mad:), and I hope it doesn't have stupid melty face helmet mask.

Porty1119
09-25-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm personally hoping for a near-total redesign for the Raiders/Ravagers. Jabba's Sail Barge-40k Edition doesn't quite cut it, I'm afraid :(

DarkLink
09-26-2010, 01:14 AM
I'm personally hoping for a near-total redesign for the Raiders/Ravagers. Jabba's Sail Barge-40k Edition doesn't quite cut it, I'm afraid :(

Supposedly they still look kinda similar, though they are redesigned. Of all the DE models, though, the Raiders/Ravagers aren't that bad looking.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
09-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Have just checked my email, and found GW sent me a look at the new DE.....WOW they look so much better than old

Firstly your wish has been granted, the Raider looks sinister, larger and more armed.
Also new wyches, now these gals look so much NOT fantasy now, shiny hairstyles and wicked looks.
Have to say, i dont play DE but i know so many people will be happy with Jes Goodwin for his creative skills in modelling as they look worth the wait.

Jes...if your reading this please work on the SoB next.

eldargal
09-26-2010, 06:49 AM
Well the new Dark Eldar range really raise the bar for GW as far as female sculpts go, and range re-vamps for that matter. So I would hope that GW intends to make the new SoB just as good. At least we know they can make a female sculpt look like a female now, which is a big plus. No excuses now.