PDA

View Full Version : Yarrick's Force Field (reroll wounds)

lobster-overlord
09-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Hi all,

This came up in our Apoc game tonight. Yarrik was up against a squad of Plague Bearers, and their poison allowed them to reroll their To Wound roll. One player was saying that I was not allowed to have Yarrik have him reroll those wounds allocated to him again if they had been rerolled by the PB controller.

The PB controller and myself agreed that since the Yarrik reroll was after allocation, then it wasn't the same thing as the controlling player havng something else that might allow him a second (not allowed) reroll.

Who would have been right in this one?

1) Yarrick takes 2 wounds out of 4. PB rerolls remaining 2 from poison, and gets 4 wounds. I can only make him reroll the two that weren't rerolls

OR

2) Yarrick takes 2 wounds out of 4, PB rerolls remaining 2 from poison and gets 4 wounds. I make him reroll all four successful wounds.

Thanks for the input.

John M.

Old_Paladin
09-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Generally abilities like this tend to cancel each other out.

If you want to get technical, then he should be forced to reroll the two original successful wounds (from Yarriks ability) and at the same time he gets to reroll his two original failed wounds (from his Nurgle ability); then, neither group gets to change the second outcome, he cannot reroll any new fails and you cannot make him reroll any new successes (as you cannot reroll a reroll).
-as this would mean the entire set of dice would get rerolled, this is why most people would tend to ignore the necessity and just stick with the original rolls (ie. abilities just cancelling each other).

*note, I'm not sure of the exact wording of Yarriks ability; this just seems to make the most sense.

Erasmus of Baal
09-11-2010, 08:30 PM
The rule itself is weird. It uses a "you" form in most of the rule, implying to many people that each player would get a separate re-roll, but it also directly states that "no single dice can be re-rolled more than once regardless of the source of the re-roll," which likely means that you could only force the re-rolling of the two dice that he did not re-roll. So #2 seems correct.

Me, I'd let you have all four.

DarkLink
09-11-2010, 08:33 PM
So, poison weapons allows you to reroll failed wounds. Yarrik makes you reroll successful wounds. So, basically, you reroll all successful and all failed wounds; a.k.a you reroll every wound.

Or, just save time and not bother with any rerolls.