PDA

View Full Version : BA Honro Guard options

Erasmus of Baal
09-11-2010, 04:33 PM
I really wish this were simpler and I could just equip the Sanguinary Novitiate with extra stuff, but whatever on that particular one. This is in the same line of thought.

I want to give my Blood Champion a Storm Bolter. By the Sanguinary Novitiate's precedent, I can't in that order. But is there anything against equipping the guy with a Storm Bolter and then upgrading him to a Blood Champion? I recall reading here on the forums that the BA codex, through its FAQ, was the first codex to be strict about the order in which options are taken, but I can't find anything except the Furioso Librarian Dreadnought that can even be twisted to suggest such a thing.

Erasmus of Baal
09-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Come on, people, 95 views and not even a "this is my 2 cents no rule basis it's what I think is right" or a "WTF u r so stoopid its so obvious"? Wow, this must be more of a stumper than I thought.

lobster-overlord
09-12-2010, 12:10 PM
THe champion status is an upgrade that can be given, regardless of other options. It has been shown on several lists as such. It doesn't require you to drop/replace anything, just "upgrade" status and stats.

Where as they have stated that "replace" means everything and you cannot upgrade once replaced (see FAQ on Libby dread)

John M.

Javsgotyournose
09-12-2010, 12:45 PM
damn dude I thought I was sure on this one, but now I don't know. The entry just says "can be upgraded to a blood champion with power weapon and combat shield" and the combat shield entry says it's just attached to the arm so you can carry a gun of some sort. so I'm definately open to the idea. the furioso librarian says "exchange all wargear" for the items listed, which means you can't take other things. This one just says "upgraded to" and not "exchange all wargear". I don't have any previous experience with emperor's champion's though, so i've never seen a ruling on it.

Erasmus of Baal
09-12-2010, 05:40 PM
THe champion status is an upgrade that can be given, regardless of other options. It has been shown on several lists as such. It doesn't require you to drop/replace anything, just "upgrade" status and stats.

Where as they have stated that "replace" means everything and you cannot upgrade once replaced (see FAQ on Libby dread)

John M.

Right, yeah. I understand the difference between "replace" and "upgrade," I had just heard that there was some order-of-wargear thing that was now relevant. I guess if it's been this long and no one can argue in favor of it, then it's not really going on. Thanks for the support.

PRoeske
09-23-2010, 03:40 AM
I'd say yyou will not be abl to give the Blood Champion any kind of upgrade, as the unit entry says:

"Any Honour Guard can replace [...]". The other 3 models are actually listed as Honour Guard, but the Novitiate and the Blood Champion (after upgrades) are not.

Just my 2 cents.