PDA

View Full Version : Kroxigors or Salamanders

Hades Alpha
09-08-2010, 05:42 AM
Hi everyone

I'm getting back into fantasy and I'm in the process of building my first Lizarmen army list. I'd like to have your help on something. Between those two options, which one do you believe would be the most effective and why:

Option 1: 1 unit of 3 Kroxigors + 1 unit of 2 Salamanders

Option 2: 1 unit of 6 Kroxigors

So far I think that option 1 offers more options from a tactical point of view while option 2 makes the unit of kroxigors much more destructive.

What do you think?

N.B.: The rest of my army is composed of one Slaan with Temple Guards, Oldblood, Gor-Rok, Engine of God and 2 Saurus Warrior unit.

Old_Paladin
09-08-2010, 11:12 AM
I'd go with the salamanders; maybe even two units of salies (or one unit of salies and one of razordons) and ignore the Krox altogether.

I just don't like the look of Kroxigors in this edition (weird, I know), they're just too costly.
The strength 6 ASL attacks and strenth 4 stomp just doesn't seem that good. Not when there are strength 5trolls (that can vomit and get regen) or minotars and ogres that cause impact hits and can get other goodies (standards, frenzy, additional weapons, etc.), all of which are cheaper.
The only place a Krox seems alright is with skinks (as it adds fear and an increase in leadership to the unit).

Your experiences may vary, this is just my opinion.

freddieyu
09-08-2010, 08:16 PM
I've use units of 4 to 6 kroxi in my few lizard games, and to be honest they are soso---the salamanders are good, but they tend to eat their handlers more often than usual...

2 units are better than 1, so I say kroxies plus sallies...

urzoon
09-14-2010, 09:20 AM
i like the one unit of salies and one unit of razadons. unit of 3 croxs r not going to do much

Jwolf
09-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Salamanders are amazingly good in 8th; probably the best unit in the Lizardman arsenal, for the points (other than the Slaan, who are amazing).

novatomato
11-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Well, I might be tempted to take the six strong Krox unit if I had a Slann with the lore of life, as I could then recoup the losses and keep it at max fighting potential. Considering that a Life Slann can also keep bringing those Skink Handlers back after the Sallies have a snack, and bring back a Sallie should one happen to be killed it is a fifty fifty choice between the two.
If I had a non Life Slann, three Krox and two units of one Sallies would be my first choice every time as it offers the most amount of flexibility and also a certain amount of target saturation to help keep my opponent having to choose which method of death his units will face.

Truxio
03-03-2011, 02:54 PM
I've had really good luck with charge deterrent razordons. If my opponent charges, great I shoot a ton. If he doesn't I charge home with 6 S6 attacks.

1inchwarriors
05-19-2011, 09:46 AM
The salamanders are going to inflict much more damage than razordons. You'll hit more models with a flame template that what a razordon will hit. I don't really see the point in relying on razordons for close combat since you're lizardmen and you're already running TG and saurus - those guys are your CC units (and you should be buffing them with Life or Light to make them nastier). Plus, salamanders provide you with a flaming attack.