PDA

View Full Version : Ironpig ,OldCrow ,Scotia Grendel

Pendragon38
09-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Hey Ladies & Gents

wondering if any one has gotten models from IronPig,Old Crow or Scotia Grendel?
If you have I would love some feed back on there tanks and other war-machines that they make.

shyft87
09-06-2010, 12:52 PM
I ordered from old crow a few years back,

decent cost, decent casts: not as detailed as FW, but as I said, you can't complain for the price

took about a month to recieve them, but there was a handwritten note apolagising, so I didn't mind

TSINI
09-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Old crow do some awesome stuff, my personal favourites are the small scale water craft

As has been said, they aren't as detailed as forgeworld, but they are cheap like the budgie.

I'm not sure if their tanks would fit in 40k, unless perhaps for an arbites force or something.

I've also met the bloke, great chap, up for a chat.

perusing their website, i've also been tempted to buy the ainsty products, their sci-fi scenery looks awesome.

Pendragon38
09-06-2010, 11:49 PM
ment to spell PigIron models

chromedog
09-07-2010, 04:21 AM
I have several Pig Iron Ironside tanks (I use the hulls for my IG 'leman Russ' tanks as I have never liked the GW tank), wardroids and many IG models with their heads and have had no issues with them.

I have a bunch of the Old Crow resin vehicles and turrets. As noted, not as detailed as FW, but as a result, less to get wrong.
No issues with the casts (brilliant casts, btw. Clean, free of defects, and pre-keyed to accept paint. Can't recommend Jez's stuff highly enough. Also have some of the Ainsty INAP (predators) clear cast figures. They get used as TO camo markers for my Infinity games.

Also have a few Scotia Grendel pieces. A couple of VOID1.0 Junker buggies (ATVs) that I use as 'sentinels' in my IG army (I can't like the plastic walkers and I was never fond of the eggs on legs), as well as a couple of the 'Storm striders' from Kryomek (5" tall bipedal walkers like AT-STs).
No issues with these either.

The resin from all three companies has been without issue. No casting imperfections, pieces mating together properly (the Grendel walkers needed a little sanding first).
The metal pieces have been very free of flash.

Cheap as chips and satisfactory for my purposes.